thirteen - part 2

"Watch out!"

He screamed it way too late and the Griever hit me on the shoulder. He threw me against a wall and came towards me, I tried to get up but my shoulder couldn't hold my weight so I dropped to the ground again. I knew it was useless to try again so I drew my knife with my good arm and prepared to defend myself.

It screamed to the Griever.
"Come on! I'm right here!"

It totally focused on me and wasn't paying attention to Minho at all who jumped and landed on top of the Griever. It growled and tried to get Minho of his back but it was useless, the Griever reacted way too slow to stand a chance. Minho drew his knife and stabbed the Griever right in it's head. It got convulsions and his 'paws' got uncontrollable before it fell on the ground, dead.

Minho ran towards me and helped me up.
"Ya okay?"

"I will be, I just need to finish what my family started." I walked to the sign with minho's support and let go of him when I was standing in front of it again.

I took a deep breath.
"Here goes nothing."
I said as I laid my hand on the sign.

---

No no no no.

It didn't work.

The symbol wasn't glowing it's beautiful blue colour.

I stared at the symbol in disbelief. I heard a soft zooming sound and slowly turned my head, I was just in time to see the beetle blade dissappear, taking my last piece of hope with it.

That was it. The last lightning bolt which burned my will to fight away, which caused my already cracked walls to break down completely.
It's over.

I let myself fall on the ground and stared in front of me, tears streaming down my cheeks.

They've done it. They finally broke me.

I've tried to be strong, I've tried to be unbreakable.
I never allowed myself to be weak, never showed others when I was scared. (spiders don't count) I put a weight on my shoulders and forced myself to bare it.
I told myself to keep my head above the water, to never stop swimming. So I did, it was destroying me from the inside, but I didn't care. I had a mission, a thing bigger than myself, a vision worth fighting for.

Not anymore, it's all gone.

Now I'm done, I'm done swimming, I'm done pretending to be fine, I'm done fighting and I'm done being strong. I promised myself I'd only give up when the last bit on hope had vanished and now that it has I'm finally ready to drown. To drown in my failure.

I felt Minho grabbing me and raising me to my feet.
He wiped my tears away and took my head in his hands.

"Get your klunk together. I'm not giving up yet."

"I'm sorry." I said crying. "I'm done fighting. It means getting hurt and I'm already covered in scars."

"I know you're tired and you have all the right to give up, but not today, not right now, I won't let you."

"It's too late minho, I'm drowning already."

He looked into my broken eyes with fear and hope sparkling in his.
"Then let me rescue you."

"How?"

He stared into my eyes for a while before he gently placed his lips on mine.

After a few seconds he pulled away and looked deep into my eyes.

"By standing with you."

His words lifted the weight of my shoulders. I felt like I finally found someone who could pick up my broken pieces, who could fix me. Maybe some day I wouldn't even have to pretend anymore, maybe some day I'll truly be fine. I felt my strength returning to me, but this time it's not because of the promises I made, this time it's because of the person standing right in front of me.
A smile appeared around my lips and for the first time in years it's a true one.

"Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes a girl that's been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sorry it's a really cheesy chapter I know I was listening to sad music when I wrote this so there you have it. Anyways I really liked writing this chapter because of the emotion and in it. They create a strong bond here and more than that :pp

Tell me what you think about it and tell me when I went too far with the cheesiness ;)