twelve

A girl is strong...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were running again and I felt really happy for some reason. So happy I didn't see a small rock and I tripped over it falling on the stone floor of the maze. I managed to turn my body to make me fall on my back and not my face.

Minho stopped when he heard the bang and turned around.

I was already in a sitting position and looked at my arms who were bruised.

"Did you just fall?" He said with a smirk.
"No." I said sassy. "I attacked the ground."

He crossed his arms.
"Backwards?"

"I'm a shucking genius." I said still sassy.

My right arm started bleeding a little and Minho came towards me to help me stand.
"I think we need to go back." I said while wiping the dust of my clothes.

"Thanks for stating the obvious, miss Kira." Minho said.

"Wow, that's actually the first time you call me by my real name."

"Like shank better?"

"I actually prefer princess, makes me feel important." I said smiling.

"Alright. Time to go, princess." He said

I laughed and we ran back into the glade where Newt and Alby where waiting for us with worry clearly visible in their eyes.

"What's wrong? Gally finally decided to not act like a total slinthead for once?"

Newt stepped aside showing us the gladers who were standing around the box.

"Looks liks Kira wasn't the last one after all."

Minho an I looked at each other before running to the box.
The gladers immediately made room for us, well mostly for Minho, but that's a detail.

I looked in the box and I nearly got an heart attack.

In the box laid Theresa, the girl I 'switched' with.

--

I looked at her in horror and my heart beat really fast.
I totally started to panic and I got dizzy because of my head making overtime. Another problem, but this one struck me like lightning. I felt like my world was falling apart right in front of me.

They know. Wicked finally found out about me. The know I hacked their system and they know I switched the names. What if they also found out I still have my memories, that I killed two of their scientists and that I helped my father. What if they know about my mission, about my father's work. It could ruin everything.

They're going to kill me, they'll come for me and then they will torture me like they did to my mother.
No stop! They're testing you. They want to know if I recognise her, I need to act like I have no idea who she is.

"What do we need to do with her?" I said trying to hide my shaking hands. My voice sounded a little hoarse.

"Maybe this one is nicer than the other girl, less sassy and aggressive."

Okay act normal. How would you normally react to this?

"Hey! I'm standing right here slinthead and I ought to come over their and break your shucking face."

He was immediately scared an mumbled an apology.
Great is worked.

The girl shot up to a sitting position with a huge inhalation.
"Wicked knows."
Then she lost consciousness again.