two

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The room I was in wasn't big and had four improvised beds in it. It was made from wooden planks and wasn't looking very steady, probably because of the ropes which were holding everything together, they didn't look very strong. I stood up trying not to make any noise and walked over to a small window.

The glade looked a lot bigger and more alive than I can remember. Half of it was covered with trees and the other half was mainly grass. There were several buildings spread around the area, all made of branches and planks of course. I could clearly see which boy had which job. Slicers were walking with blood on their clothes, builders had hammers and stuff hanging on their belts, track-hoes were walking in the fields, etc.
I could see Alby talking to Newt. They both looked a little different than the pictures I've seen. Alby looked bigger and more grown up, that's it actually.
Newt's hair was really messy and he wore filthy clothes, but that wasn't the biggest change. He had a limp, I could see it when they walked.
How did he get that?

Well, doesn't matter, I'd better focus on a plan.

There's a symbol somewhere in the maze. I need to go find it without someone hunting me down. I'll have to be there at night, when the runners are back in the glade. But they'll never let me in the maze, especially not when the gates are closing. I could sneak out, but when they notice they'll find me in no time.
Damn this is hard.

I started batting.
Okay, I'll wake up, walk around the glade a bit, make sure no one's around me when the doors close and then I'll sprint in. They'll be too surprised to react in time and when the doors close I'll have all night to find it.

I smiled. It isn't that hard after all.

A breeze blew through the window and it made me shiver.
Damn that's cold.
I got goosebumps all over my body, especially my legs.

Then I realised what I was wairing.

Oh my god!
They put me in a dress.
I totally hate dresses, they fit awful and with them you can't fight or run properly. And that's not even the worst thing.

People immediately think you're weak and that you need protection when you look girly, like girls can't protect themselves. It's ridiculous. I looked down at the dress in disapproval.

The dress I was wairing had a cold-shoulder design and short sleeves, which was kinda okay. The bottom was very loose and had several thin layers of light fabric which floated around me when I was walking. The dress was thigher around my waist and came to my knees.
It was all white, which was not okay at all. I mean, I'm in the glade, it'll get dirty in no time.

It matched nicely with my raven black hair though.
At least something positive.

I wore brown sandals under it, they were pretty but not handy at all. Great.

I sneaked out of my room and silently left the building. I tried not to draw attention to myself, but I ruined it the moment I stepped outside.
There was a big spider hanging right in front of me. Not one with a small body and long thin legs, but a huge black one with big hairy legs and a red cross on its body. I let a yell leave my throat and looked at the spider in fear.

Newt came running towards the homestead with Alby close behind him. Several other gladers followed curiously.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" Newt said looking around.

When he saw me he smiled.
"So, the sleeping beauty decided it was time to wake up?"

I didn't answer, I was still looking at the spider with fear in my eyes.

"Are you okay?"

I shook my head and pointed at the spider in front of me.

When he saw he started laughing.

"The lady's afraid of spiders" He said laughing.
The gladers around me joined in.

"And I thought chuck was the chicken around here."

"Can we still send her retour?"

"Looks like we have a new slopper."

My fear made place for anger, but I tried to remain calm.
"Well, are you going to get rid of it or what?" I said as calmly as I could.

The only reaction I got was more laughter.
That's it. I stamped back into the homestead, took a frying-pan and hit the spider really hard.

The boys looked at me in surprise and I dropped the pan.

"Thanks for helping, really appreciate it."
I said as I stamped away.

I know I said that I don't need protection, but a little help would be nice.