sixteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we ran we could hear the Grievers growling loudly. It sounded like there were dozens of them all searching for us. Ready to tear us apart if they had the chance. I decided to ignore the sound as much as possible and tried to focus on which way to go.

We took a few more turns and after a turn to the left we came across our first Griever. The monstrous things soon wasn't alone anymore. Three more joined in and they were making awful sounds. They showed their teeth and growled at us. I drew my knife and was ready to attack when I felt Minho pulling me behind him.
"Not this time princess."

I looked at him with disbelief.
Is he seriously thinking I'm letting them fight without me?
Now way, not gonna happen.
"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but you're gonna need a ninja lunatic with anger issues to kill those suckers." I kissed him on the cheek and stepped forward.
"Let's go show those suckers who's boss around here!" I screamed as I ran forward.

---

We came at them with all 15 of us. Gally jumped on the Griever who was in the front together with two runner. The Griever slammed one of the runners on the ground and tried to get to Gally and the other runner. They both stabbed the Griever in it's body, but not in the right spot. They fell of as the Griever shook it's body harshly, but they stood up and tried again with more this time.

I saw other were fighting with Grievers too.

Minho fought with the one on the right with Newt, Thomas and another boy and a few other runners were fighting with the one on the left.

I was thrown against a wall when I tried to cut one and was now planning my next attack. There was one Griever behind the other three who wasn't under attack yet so I focused on bringing it down.

I ran to the Griever in the front and slid under it when it was too busy fighting Gally. I stabbed the Griever from underneath and my knife hit his hard drive. I crawled away just before the Griever fell to the ground. Now I was right in front on my Griever. It wasn't damaged yet and still had all his strength, but not for much longer.

I ran towards and dodged his spike. I jumped, but it caught me in mid-air and threw me on the ground. I rolled away as it's needle tried to sting me. The Griever showed his teeth and growled at me. His spittle came on me and I wiped it away in disgust. That's gross.
I wasn't paying attention and I couldn't dodge the Grievers blade entirely. It left a cut on my waist and was ready to attack again, but I stood up and attacked before it could.
I ran towards it's slimy body dodging it's arms as much as I could. It hit me once, but not hard. I ran past it and jumped on it's back.
"Now I caught ya." I stabbed it in it's back and it screamed in pain.
Really loved the sound of that.
The Griever made a sudden move and I fell on the ground breaking my fall by rolling further. I rolled far enough to be out of range and jumped to my feet. I looked around and saw that two Grievers were already taken down and now it was eleven against two.

We all attacked at once and the already damaged Grievers didn't stand a chance.

--

The other Griever was already killed and I gave the last Griever the last hit. It fell to the ground with me on top.
When it stopped moving I jumped on the ground, slipped over a puddle of slime and fell on my but. They all started laughing as I stood up.
"Don't you guys have better things to do?"

As I said it five more Grievers appeared around the corner behind the gladers.

"Oh no, not again." I said as I stamped past the boys.
They turned around and we're a little shocked when they saw the Grievers coming our way. Minho went to stand between me and the Grievers in the distant.
"What are you doing?" He whispered while holding a tight grip on his long knife.

"Trust me." I said as I laid my hands against the wall. I closed my eyes and focused.

I let go of the wall when I heard the surprised sounds of the gladers. It worked.
The walls of the maze changed and it separated us from the Grievers.

"Nice one." Newt said approving.
We started running again and went slower than when we entered the maze, some had gotten injuries that slowed them down and others were tired of the fight with the Grievers.
'We can't handle more attacks like this' I thought.

I think Minho knew it too cause when we crossed paths with another Griever he screamed that he would lead it away and separated himself from the group drawing the attention of the Griever towards him.
I littarly wanted to cry when he did that, but I pushed it away. He's going to be fine, he has to be. He can stay out out of the Griever's claws until I active that shucking symbol.

I sped up to a pace the group was able to bare and led them further into the maze.

---

Our group has gotten small as more Grievers had found us and I'm starting to get nervous. We're with the nine of us now including me and Gally. I insisted Gally stayed with me cause he was the only one who didn't know the maze at all.

We were almost there, just a few more turns. My hope grew by the minute and i started running ahead of the group.
We're gonna make it. We're gonna live. We're g...
I stopped abruptly when I made the last turn. I ran back around the corner and stopped the boys from running around the corner.
"What the matter? It's right around the corner!"
Gally said indignant.

"Well, go see for yourself." I hissed.

He peeked around the corner and when he looked at me all the colour had left his face.

"There are like a dozen Griever guarding the symbol."

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N hii, I decided to publish another chapter because I have 350 reads!! yasss, thank you so much.
sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger btw ;p Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter, were getting close to the end of the story. :o
anyways keep reading😘🐱

xoxo

justagirl55