four

Never turn down an opportunity from anyone. They could help you further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His room wasn't big at all, there was just enough room for 2 beds and a chair. It was all made of wood just like everything around here. I sat on the bed I assumed was mine, the other one was really messy, sheets unfolded and pillow on the wrong side of the bed, that kind of stuff. I took off my stupid sandals and laid under the sheets, trying to get comfortable in my annoying dress.

"What makes you think that's your bed?" Minho said.

"The other one looks like a piggery." I said half asleep.

--

I heard a distant voice saying something, I couldn't figure out what though. But whoever it was, was ruining my sleep, so I tried to ignore it hoping it would go away. Of course it didn't and the person the voice belonged to thought it would be fun to poke me. I growled a little and turned my back towards the person.

Suddenly I got really cold and I couldn't feel my sheets anymore.
I reached for them, but couldn't find them so I rolled up in a ball.

"Come on kira, wake up!"

"Uuugh, leave me alone." I said half asleep.

He grabbed my pillow and my head was now on the mattress.

"Give it back." I said complaining. I finally opened my eyes and rubbed my face.
"You're really mean."

I said now looking at the person waking me. It was Newt.

He chuckled "you're lucky you're not with minho today. He'd throw a whole bucket of cold water over you.

I'll meet you downstairs in 10."

He walked out of the room. Minho was gone, probably running in the maze already. I put on my sandals and tried to brush my hair with my fingers, but all it did was making my head hurt and causing my hair to look worse. I decided I'd leave it for today and went downstairs.

"Today you'll be trying every job in the glade, ya okay with that?"

"Does it have a purpose?"

"Oh yeah, sorry I didn't tell ya. All of us have a job, we try all of them and then we hold a gathering to decide which one you'll get."

I actually didn't know that. I thought the gladers just pick a job and then they do it. And I silently hoped I wouldn't get one so that I could sneak in the maze whenever I wanted. But this'll do, they stop working before the doors close anyways.

We walked to the fields and I decided to ask about the supply delivery cause and idea had popped in my head this morning and I think it's pretty brilliant.
I must be careful though, they mustn't find out I know about these things.

"Where did you get the seeds for the food your growing." I started.
He looked at me with a smile.
"Quess you are curious after all.
We get them from the box, together with the other supplies we can't provide ourselves."

"How does it work?" I said pretending to be interested.

"We write the things we need on a piece of paper and then we lay it in the box."

I nodded still waiting for the thing I wanted to hear.

"Mostly we do it the day after a new greenie arrives, so that's today. Probably around lunchtime."

That's the thing I wanted to hear.

"May I watch?" I asked sweetly.

He laughed

"of course."

--

The rest of the morning I've been in the fields and I can tell you that it was dramatic. I couldn't even handle a bag of fertiliser, I tried to bring it to newt but I tripped and the fertiliser fell all over me. Of course they all found it pretty funny, but now I look even more messed up.

After we ate lunch I walked with newt to the homestead to get the piece of paper. In the corner of my eye I could see gally walking towards us, if glares could kill I'd be dead as fuck. I stopped walking and took Newt's arm to keep him from walking away.
"What the klunk have you done with the slammer, you shank." He said angrily.

I gave him a warm smile.
"I've just created a more open space to give the slammer a more Welcoming character. I thought it would help keep the newbies from freaking out."

He looked like he was going to destroy me so I gave him an innocent look.

"Don't you like it?" I said sweetly.
Newt chuckled behind me which made gally almost explode in anger.

"Dude, relax. I'll fix it this afternoon, when I'm with the builders."

"Yeah, ya better, else there will be consequences and you ain't gonna like it, shank"

"I already said I'd do it so threatening me is pretty useless."

He growled at me an took off. I could swear there was steam coming out of his ears.

I laughed a little.
"Wauw, gally is exactly how I remembered him."

I said it before I could stop myself and I looked at newt who gave me an confusing glance.

"I-ehh-When he took me over from minho I imagined what kind of person he was to -ehh- see if I could trick him in letting me go. And I kinda forgot about it and now I remember"
Yeah, that sounds logical right?
Hope, he buys it cause it totally didn't come over how I wanted it to.
I'm usually a pretty good liar, but this was a little unexpected.

Newt bought it.

"Well, then you're pretty good at looking through people."

--

When he went to take the note out of his room I took a pen and paper and wrote my own note to wicked, I'm against them of course, but if they can help me, why shouldn't I use it?

I finished the note and waited for newt. He came down after a minute or so and we walked to the box. I took his note, put my note with it and dropped it in the box, which closed immediately and went down.

So the box is still working. I don't know what to think about it, it's supposed to stop going down. Maybe wicked found out about me...no, they would have killed me already if they knew.

"What did you put with the note?" He asks me with a confused but curious look in his eyes.

"I added a little request of my own." I said mysteriously and before he could response I said I had to go to the keeper of the Slicers and took off. I could feel him watching me when I left, like he doesn't fully trust me to be on my own yet.

Maybe he isn't that dumb after all.