2: A Deal With the Devil

Sam wasn't talking to me. It was annoying. Dean stared at me in a mixture of awe and confusion when he thought I wasn't looking. It was annoying. Whenever Castiel was in the room, he would glare at me murderously. I didn't care. Gabriel left with only a warning about Michael, whom I hadn't seen in forever; I disregarded it.

Great friends, I know.

Sam looked up from his laptop. "I found something. It might be a case." Dean sat up from his motel bed with mild interest.

I walked over. "What is it?"

Sam looked up in annoyance. "It doesn't concern you."

I was fed up. "To Hell it doesn't concern me!"

Cas looked at us. "No, Keistelle, you can't come with us."

I turned around. "And you, Castiel. You will not tell me where I can and can't go."

"Says who?" He challenged.

"According to you, the Anti-Christ does." I drew myself up to my full height, which wasn't very high.

"Settle down, kids," Dean called from his bed.

"Dean-"

"Keistelle," Sam stopped me, "We found Gabriel for you. You have no reason to stay with us.

Dean opened his mouth to say something, but decided against it.

"So you guys are just going ditch me? That's it?"

Sam stared me down, his eyes cold and void of sympathy. "Precisely."

It was strange. Castiel's allegations against me had turned Sam from the voice of reason to a harsh voice that no one opposed. Dean, on the other hand, had actually softened towards me, taking Sam's spot as the reasonable one.

"Fine then." I turned on one heel and marched out the door. Behind me, the door slammed shut. And I would bet you that it was Cas.

I couldn't say that I woudn't miss them, but I had survived by myself for forever. And it definitely wasn't the first time hunters didn't want or wouldn't work with me.

The door opened from behind me. "Kei."

I turned around. "Dean?" He was holding my backpack, my hunting journal, and that trinket he wore around his neck.

"Surprise." He held the items out to me.

I didn't know why he had come back for me. Sam and Cas didn't like me, and he had no reason to like me either.

I took my backpack and journal, but didn't touch the necklace. "I don't need your trinket." I pushed it away.

"But I want you to have it." He put it over my head. "So when I see it again, I'll remember the time I met the Anti-Christ in person."

I looked down at the pendant. It was some sort of animal head. Maybe I should have been honored or thankful that he gave me a sentimental adornment like his necklace, but it was just a necklace. It held no value to me. "Okay, I guess."