12: Confessions

It had been two days since we turned Samuel's vessel to salt. Gail still wouldn't tell me what Samuel had told her. It was terrifying, really, to not know the thing that, supposedly, happened to me and was, apparently, totally awful. I couldn't think of anything about me that Gail would think was that awful.

I was in the guest room the boys had given to me. There were star maps pinned to the walls, and books on the floor.

The door opened, and Sam poked his head in. "Dinner in five, Kei." He looked at my star maps, "What are those are for?"

"Reading." I answered flatly.

"Reading- the stars?" He asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Okay," He said, only slightly confused, "Well, dinner's soon. Dean's cooking up some burgers." I nodded. Dinner might take my mind off the destiny.

I didn't tell Sam what the star maps were really for. I was trying to find any sort of hint about my destiny. I didn't find anything that necessarily said I was the Anti-Christ, but I didn't find anything that denied it either. Just the same old 'fifth born archangel' stuff.

I picked up my books and threw them on the bed. I marched out of the room and down to the kitchen. The delectable scent of sizzling meat greeted me as I saw Dean flipping burgers on the stove.

"Hey," Dean greeted me, tossing the burgers on a plate.

"Hey," I said back.

Sam walked into the kitchen, closely tailed by Cas and Gail. We collectively sat down at the table.

Gail cleared her throat, "I- I'm ready to tell you what Samuel told me."

"Really?" I asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yes." She said, "I am sure."

"Well, start from the beginning," Cas told her.

"He started telling me about the beginning, when all celestial beings were asked to bow down to mankind- and how Lucifer didn't. He said that you were the only one that stood by him in his choice, earning you the title of first rebellious angel. After Lucifer was sent to the Cage, you went to Earth and became a hunter." She stopped, "Is this true?"

The Sam and Dean looked at me with surprise in their eyes. Cas stared at the table, as if this was his fault. "Yes," I said, "Please continue."

"He then talked about what you did in 1980. How you protected Luke Kaiser and-"

"Wait," Sam interjected, "Luke Kaiser?"

"He was able to see destinies in the stars." I said, "The angels thought his abilities were a problem. They thought that no one should be able to see destiny before it happened, other than prophets. They wanted him eliminated. But he- he was the one who taught me how to read the stars."

"Yes, and you protected him. The angels eventually killed him, and you were cut off from Heaven and sent to Hell to be tortured as a punishment for protecting him." I nodded in agreement.

"You went to Hell?" Dean asked.

"You're a fallen angel?" Sam asked.

"Well, I didn't fall, because I was already on Earth, that's why my wings are still intact, but yes." I nodded.

"Right, and you were sent to Hell for two Earth years. Then they let you out, and you started hunting again. But Raphael destroyed your vessel with Lot's Stone. Then you possessed Rebecca Singer, Bobby's daughter."