28: A Bittersweet Return

I touched down in front of the bunker and turned into Rebecca. The Impala was parked outside; good thing it got back after I stole it. I raised a hand to knock on the door, but when I swung it to knock, my hand flew through it, taking my body with it.

Okay, that was cool.

After gathering myself from that experience, I went to go find everyone. First I checked the library. In there, Cas and Dean were sitting at the table. Cas was staring off into space and Dean was drinking cheap booze.

They didn't see me, but Dean's brow furrowed as I passed. I created cold spots now, right.

I continued on, looking for Bobby. I wanted to apologize for destroying Rebecca. I checked the kitchen. Nope, just Sam picking at a half-eaten salad. Continuing down the hallway, I checked in Dean's room. Nothing. Next, Sam's room. Still nothing. Then, my room.

I phased through my door to see Bobby. He was sitting on my bed, staring down at some black fabric. I moved closer to him. Then I noticed what he was holding.

It was my leather jacket.

I sat down on the bed next to Bobby. He leaped up. "What the hell?! Who the hell's there?"

I concentrated hard on becoming visible. Bobby's angry expression turned to surprise; that's how I knew I'd done it.

"Rebecca." Bobby breathed, speechless.

"Guess again."

Bobby's face fell. "Kei."

"What, Bobby? Not happy to see me?" I smirked.

He didn't respond, just sat back down on the bed. Bobby looked back down at the jacket.

"When's Rebecca's funeral?" I said quietly.

He rubbed the jacket. I didn't understand why he was holding on to it so closely; it was mine, not Rebecca's. "This afternoon."

I choked to cover up a laugh. "Bobby, it's 6:30 PM."

"What?" He jumped off the bed. "Since when?"

I got up off the bed. "Since... now?"

Bobby dashed out of the room, probably to go check on the time. I relaxed myself, turning invisible. Then I followed Bobby out of the room, but instead of going towards the kitchen, I went towards Gail's room.

I walked through Gail's door. Gail and Kyle were sitting on Gail's bed, looking at the object in Gail's hand. She was turning it over and over in her hand.

"I can't believe she's gone. She's lived for thousands and thousands of years! How could she just... die?" Gail was crying.

Kyle looked confused for a second, but covered it up. "'Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.'" Kyle comforted her.

Between cries, Gail asked, "was- was that- George- George Eliot?"

"Yeah." Kyle took the object out of Gail's hand. It was my archangel blade. "So, what even is this? Some kind of special knife?"

"It's- it's her- archangel- bl- blade."

"Archangel blade?"

"Ye- yeah."

Kyle still looked confused, but he didn't press it. It dawned on me that I never really explained to him who I was, just that I was a hunter and I had Grace--and he probably didn't even know what that was.

I focused, then felt myself flicker into visibility. Kyle and Gail jumped up in shock.

"Kei!" Gail exclaimed.