11: The Black Room

The place we stepped into was creepy, to say the least. The wall were painted black, with silver crown molding and there were splotches of dark red on the wall. There were pictures of different angels on the walls.

"This is creepy," Dean said, "Even for us."

I turned the corner and saw Cas. He was looking one of the portraits. "What's that, Cas?" I asked.

"It's you." He said blankly as he stepped aside so I could see. I gasped, it was me, back in 1980, right before I went to Hell. I was possessing Henrietta Clarence then. Raphael had destroyed Henrietta with Lot's Stone all those years ago. I still haven't forgiven him for it.

There was another picture of me, after Hell, probably taken around 1990. I was possessing Rebecca Singer by then. "Crazy that there's these old photos here." Cas said.

I nodded and continued walking down the black hallway. There was a silver door on the right side of the hall. It had tiny scratches on it.

"There's no knob or keyhole." Sam inquired, "How do we open it?"

Cas put his face on the door, presumably to examine the scratches. The instant he touched the door, a blast of holy light hit him and he disappeared. "Crap," I said, now understanding the scratches, "It's tiny Enochian symbols. Probably something to ward off angels."

"So how do we get in?" Dean asked.

"Dean, put your foot on the door and push," I explained. He did, and the door swung open.

I pulled out my archangel blade and ran into the room. It was black, had triangle-like windows, and you could see the blue roofed bank across the street. We were in the room Cas described.

The problem was, Gail wasn't there. "Gail?!" I yelled.

"Um, Kei?" Dean pointed to a closed double-door behind me. It was painted red.

Sam threw the red door open. He was thrown back into a wall with a substantial gust of wind. Dean followed suit.

Someone entered the black room from the closet. It was the man with white blond hair, bright blue eyes, and broad shoulders. It was Samuel.

"Keistelle, welcome." He said, opening his arms and smiling.

"I'm not here for your fancy greetings, Samuel. I'm here for Gail." I snarled.

He fixed his tie and waved his hand. Sam and Dean were thrown from the wall into the closet. The red doors snapped shut. "I have to say," Samuel said, disregarding my idle threat, "I didn't think you'd come. I knew you liked the niphilim, but to come after me for her? You're actually insane."

"I could snap my fingers and obliterate you." I threatened, "You're nothing but a lesser angel."

He smiled, "Wrong again. I've risen in power since we last met."

"Risen in power?" I asked.

"I'm a higher angel now. Just lower than a seraph." He pulled a small wooden object from his coat pocket.

"Really," I said sarcastically as I took out my archangel blade, "What's that?" I pointed at his hand with the tip of my blade.

"It's a key, Kei." He said, "Kill me, and you don't get it."

"A key to where?" I asked, then understanding dawned on me, "A key to the closet?"

"Correct," Samuel said, "Even an archangel can't break that door. It's protected with very old and powerful Enochian."

"Obviously the front door wasn't." Someone said from near the silver door said.

"Ah, Castiel, I should have known a simple banishing sigil wouldn't keep you away from Keistelle," Samuel said.

"Probably because you carved it in the door instead of using blood." Cas said.

Samuel shrugged, "I was in a hurry."

I swung at Samuel with my blade. He sidestepped quickly, but I managed to nick him, pretty deep, on his right arm.

"Ouch, Kei," He pressed his left hand to his arm, healing the nick, "I'm madder now."

"Problem is, you can't kill me with that little blade of yours." I taunted.

"Yes, but I have another little something up my sleeve." He pulled a glowing blue rock. "Recognize this, Kei?"

I gasped, surprised at the appearace of Lot's Stone. The shock passed in a millisecond, and I kicked the stone out of Samuel's hand. Cas lunged for it, but Samuel swung at him with his angel blade. I kneed Samuel in the stomach, and he stumbled backward.

Cas ran over to Samuel and held his angel blade under Samuel's neck. I picked up Lot's Stone from the floor.

"Give us the key, Samuel." I commanded.

"And if I don't?" He asked smugly as he held the key out.

"This happens," Cas swiftly cut Samuel's hand clean off with his angel blade.

"Ahh!" Samuel cradled his bloodied stub of a hand. Cas pushed him away and Samuel fell to his knees. I picked up the wooden key from Samuel's disembodied hand.

"Thanks for the key, Samuel." I pointed Lot's Stone at his body. "See ya later, gator." A bright light emitted from the stone, encompassing Samuel's body, and turning him into salt.

I let out a long breath as Cas walked over to the red doors and inserted the small wooden key. I heard a click and the whir of tumblers. Finally, the doors popped open and a musky smell escaped.

"Gail? Sam? Dean?" I called.

I heard a soft cough, "Present and accounted for," Dean called.

My eyes adjusted to the light and I saw Gail cowering in a corner, her skin as pale as a sheet. Dean had a hand on her shoulder. Sam's face had a gash in it, probably from Samuel throwing him around.

Cas immediately ran over to Sam and healed him. I ran over to Gail and Dean. "Gail, are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded, but I could tell she didn't mean it. "What happened, Gail?" I pressed.

"He told me." She whispered.

"He told you what?" I asked. She shook her head.

"He told me about- about you." She breathed.

"What did he tell you about me?" I asked quietly.

Gail shook her head, her eyes welling up with tears, "I can't say."

"Why?" I asked very quietly.

"It's too awful." She started to cry.

New chapter, finally! Thanks so much for reading!! If you enjoyed, please vote and comment as it would help me out!