19: The White Room

The funeral was scheduled for the next day. The Harwins were in a guest room in the bunker. Gabriel had already showed up, and Cas told me some more angels were planning on coming on the day of the funeral.

I however, was having second thoughts. Would Gail want a hunter's funeral? Maybe she would want a normal funeral, like a normal person.

I knew what I wanted. I wanted Gail back. Her death was my fault. I should have protected her. I made a promise to her. I could have protected her. But I didn't.

I was guilty.

Would Gail's life for mine be a fair trade? Could I do that? Should I do that?

I knew that you shouldn't partake in demon deals, they never ended well. But then again, Crowley said I would say yes to his deal. But what if I made my own terms?

"Sam! Dean! I'm going out!" I yelled. I heard a muffled reply.

I left the bunker swiftly. But not ten feet from the exit, Gabriel appeared in front of me. "Where are ya going?" He asked.

"None of your business."

"You do know I can read your thoughts, right?" He stopped, probably listening to my thoughts. He groaned, "You aren't serious about making a deal with Crowley."

I didn't say anything.

"You can't go making deals for your soul, Kei."

"It's not for my soul."

"What are you dealing then?"

"I'm dealing: My Grace, severed wings, archangel blade, and Gail's life, for the start of the Apocalypse 2." Gabriel was silent. "And you can't stop me from making the deal."

"Maybe not, but I can go down as the guy who told you not to." He disappeared.

***

It took me a while to find a crossroads with the items already in it. This one was near the hotel that I had stayed the night in. I dug up the box, discarded the old photo, and placed one of my fake IDs in. Then, I reburied the box and looked around.

Crowley was standing 20 feet from me. "Keistelle, I take it you reconsidered."

"Not entirely." I said.

"Care to elaborate?" He asked.

"I have a new proposition for you. My Grace, severed wings, archangel blade, and Gail's life, for the destruction of the Devil's Gates."

"You want the dead girl's life?" Crowley asked.

"Yes."

"I can do that."

"Really?"

"Of course, but," He got a scroll out of his pocket and unrolled it, "You'll have to sign on the dotted line. And when you do, you'll have a day to hold up your end of the bargain."

After a bit of negotiating and contract writing, I was ready to sign. Crowley signed first, then handed me the pen, "When you're ready, Keistelle."

I grabbed the pen, grabbed the paper to sign, and was gone.

I found myself in a white room, kind of like the buildings the Intelligence Angels have. I knew that I was in Heaven, based off the strong 'you should NOT be here' feeling. Micheal stood next to me. "I can't have you doing that." He grabbed the contract.

"Give me that, Micheal! It's mine!"

"I think I'll leave it here for safe keeping." He placed it on a white desk.