7: Healing the Hurt

I faded in and out of consciousness after Dean had picked me up. It was like seeing a slide show, with only a few of the details. I saw the desperate rush Sam and Dean did to bring Gail, Cas, and me back to the Impala. I saw them put us in the back seat. I woke up once on the ride and saw the Sam had the Anne Arundel Medical Center in Annapolis, Maryland open on his laptop. I didn't see much else.

I was awake when we entered the hospital. Doctors rushed Sam and Gail away to a room. More rushed Dean to another room. They put me down in a hospital bed and I faded out again.

I woke up and I couldn't see. My side where the blade had pierced me hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced. One of my arms moved, but the other didn't. I heard the distinct beep of a heart rate monitor.

And I still couldn't see.

"Dean?" I croaked out. "Sam?" Nothing. "Doctor?"

Now I was worried. So I prayed. I prayed to Gabriel, 'Hey, Gabe? I could really use your help right now. I may or may not be blind. I got stabbed by my own archang-'.

A bright light filled the room. I could see it, but just the light. Something was covering my eyes.

"Gabriel?" I croaked.

"You're idiotic, you know that?" Gabriel remarked, "You were stabbed by your own archangel blade?" He lifted something off my eyes. It was a wet washrag.

"Glad I'm not blind." I said, "Nice to see you too, brother."

Gabriel sat on a stool next to my bed. "I thought you were as good as dead. I would have missed you." I smiled. "How do you feel?" He asked.

"Everything feels fine except for the blade wound." I said, looking at my immobile arm, "And the fact that I can't move this darn cast. Do you know if the others are okay?"

He got off his stool and gestured to the man in the bed beside me. "See for yourself."

I got up, disconnecting about 14 life-alert tubes. Then I walked over to the man. There was a washrag over his face. Gabriel pulled it off and I saw who it was.

"Castiel," I whispered. He had all the blood cleaned from his face, but was still unconscious and his heart rate was... not very strong. I couldn't take it, "I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted Cas." I put my hand on Cas's chest, using my Grace to slowly heal him.

Cas's eyelids fluttered and opened. "Kei? Gabriel?"

"Good morning Cas." I said.

"Kei, you- you came back for me." He sputtered.

"What?" I asked.

"The trickster, she showed Gail and I, you guys when you were back at the Impala. You know Sam trying to be smart. And you just wanting to go back and find us."

"Cas, you saw that?"

"Yeah, I really appreciate you going back for us. We would have been as good as dead if it wasn't for you."

"So, we're good?" I asked.

"We're good." He said, smiling.

I left my room with Cas and Gabe in tow. I reached the front desk, "Miss, I'm here to see Gail Harwin. She was admitted about a day or two ago. I'm her Aunt Keistelle. Can I see her?" I asked the nurse at the front desk.

"I'm sorry, visiting hours are from 8-2 ma'am." She said pleasantly.

I slammed my hand on the counter, "I just woke up from a severe injury, women. Can I just see her this one time?"