4: Promises to Family

It had been close to 45 minutes until I headed Bobby's car pull up to IHOP. I silently hoped that he had gotten my hint that I was being used. And I felt terrible for deceiving him the way I did. Why did I use his love as a vessel?

I heard the IHOP door open, and Bobby's footsteps enter. But it sounded like there was another person with him. Maybe Dean or Sam.

Crowley signaled for me to be silent. Gail was still unconscious. My blade was still on the floor, kicked to the side. Crowley silently walked over and picked it up by the handle. He smiled evilly.

I heard Bobby break down the door to the bathroom, right next to the kitchen. Sam appeared in the kitchen door window. Crowley didn't see, and Sam quickly ducked out of sight.

"Is that Moose with Bobby?" Crowley asked me. I shrugged. Crowley took me by the collar of my shirt. "Answer honestly, I know you know." He whispered.

"Yes, it is Sam." I squeaked.

Crowley smiled as the kitchen door was kicked down. Sam was clutching a shotgun and Bobby had Samuel Colt's Colt. "Don't shoot!" I yelled.

"Get away from Rebecca, you bastard!" Bobby growled at Crowley, who had my archangel blade under my throat.

"Why should I?" Crowley smirked. Sam began to untie Gail from the wall. "Moose, please don't do that." Crowley threw Sam away from Gail telekinetically.

"What do you want with Rebecca?" Bobby asked Crowley.

"She's leverage. I want the exact wording of the destiny."

"I don't know what your talking about, Crowley." Bobby said. "But I do want to know who that is." Bobby gestured to Gail.

Sam pulled Bobby aside and whispered something to him. Bobby nodded but looked skeptical.

"This is Gail Harwin, niphilim of Missy Harwin and Raphael." Crowley sounded bored.

"And?" Bobby still didn't understand.

"She's also leverage." Crowley said matter-of-factly. "Now, the exact wording of the destiny or Rebecca goes."

"Okay, fine. Can I write it down?" Bobby sounded desperate.

I tried to send Bobby messages with my eyes. He wasn't catching on.

"No tricks, Singer." Crowley warned.

Bobby began to write on a napkin. I could read it.

And it had been said by the heavenly Father
that the fifth, born archangel shall bring about
the downfall of Heaven, and the end of the angels.

Bobby seemed satisfied with what he wrote."Here. I hope you choke on it." Bobby reluctantly thrust the napkin to Crowley.

"Thank you kindly, Bobby." He snapped his fingers an the ropes on Gail and I disappeared. Crowley handed my archangel blade to Sam. "Use it well." He snapped his fingers again and he was gone.

Bobby ran over to me and enveloped me in a hug. "Rebecca, you're okay."

I pushed him off. "Get a hold of yourself, Robert."

Bobby was at a loss. "What?"

"I'm not Rebecca, Robert."

Bobby looked confused. "Of course you are."

"No Bobby, I'm not!" I roared. "Your Rebecca is gone."

Bobby pulled a piece of my hair behind my ear. "What do you mean?"

I swatted his hand away. "She allowed me to posses her. I am Keistelle, the fifth archangel." I looked into Bobby's eyes, then to Sam. "Tell him, Sam."

"What she's saying is true, Bobby." Sam confessed.

Bobby's sweet face turned from confused to hurt to angry in five seconds. "So, you're telling me that you've been possessing Rebecca for close to 34 years?"

I nodded. "Ever since she ran away. She didn't even run away; I ran away the day I possessed her. She told me that she would be my vessel on one condition: that I protect you. And I have, Bobby. I did what she asked."

Bobby nodded, seeming to understand what I'd been saying. "Crowley used you to get to me because you sound and look exactly like Becca."

I nodded. Then, I walked over to Gail, who was still silent in shock. I crouched down and sat on the floor next to her.

"You okay? Crowley didn't hurt you?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

She nodded. "You know my father?"

"He's my older brother." I told her.

Gail smiled. "So that makes you my aunt."

I laughed a little, "I guess so. But being related to an angel is dangerous. The others will want you dead."

She looked confused. "The others?"

"Other angels," I explained to her, "having a child with a human is highly illegal in Heaven."

"So," Gail seemed to understand, "my existence is a crime."

It broke my heart, my only niece calling herself a crime. "Yes. But mark my words, Gail, I will not let anything happen to you. You will not die by the hands of any angel, demon, or hunter."

Gail nodded and hugged me, "Thanks Auntie."

For once, I allowed someone to hug me. "Never call me Auntie again." I laughed. "Call me Kei. Or Keistelle in more formal situations."

"Okay, Kei."

Bobby eventually came to grips with the fate of Rebecca and left the IHOP. Sam began to leave until I stopped him. "Sam." He turned around. "I believe you have something of mine." He reached into his pocket and pulled out my blade.

"Kei, I still don't trust you completely, but you seem okay," he handed me the blade. "Use it wisely." I nodded as Sam left.

I turned to Gail. "Okay Gail, there is another angel, who I'm not on the best terms with by the way, in the car that we're about to get in. If you feel threatened at all, just say something. I'll stop it." Gail nodded.

We walked out of the IHOP into the salty air of Wilmington. The Impala was humming on the side of the street. "Can we enter the car?" I asked to Dean, who was leaning his arm out the driver's door.

Dean looked at me, then Gail. "Sure, get in."

So, that happened. Fourth chapter, let's go! Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed, please vote and comment. I'd appreciate it.

Edited: 7/24/16