13: Pizza and Demons

Gail, Dean, Sam, and I got out of the Impala after a long night of driving to Bellevue, Nebraska. I smirked, "Crowley was last seen in La Pizzeria? Not a demon's usual hangout."

"This is the location," Sam said after taking a long look at his map, "Maybe we'll find someone who saw him or something."

"We'd better," I pushed the tall, glass door open. The delicious smell of baking pizzas greeted me, and Dean and Gail harmoniously inhaled and exhaled with pleasure.

"We may be on business, but can we get some pizza?" Gail asked.

Dean smiled and put his hand on her shoulder, "Of course we can."

A Italian waitress with dark skin and dark eyes came up to us and began to speak, "Tavolo per quattro?" She used her hands excessively as she talked.

Sam, Dean, and Gail looked at me. I sighed, "sì"

She led us to a wooden table set with four wobbly wood chairs. "cosa ti va da bere?"

"What do you want to drink?" I whispered.

"Water's fine," Sam whispered back. Gail nodded.

I turned to the Italian waitress, "acqua per favore." She smiled and trotted away.

"So, should we ask the waitress if she's seen Crowley?" Gail offered.

I shrugged, "Worth a shot." I watched the waitress as she trotted back over to us with four glasses filled to the brim. "scusate, ho visto un uomo vestito di nero di recente? Sarebbe stato parlando con un forte accento britannico. Probabilmente punta molto anche."

She furrowed her brow, thinking hard. Dean whispered, "What did you say?"

"I said, 'Excuse me, have you seen a man dressed in black recently? He would have been speaking in a thick British accent. Probably tipped a lot as well.'" I answered him, and he smiled.

"Scusami," The waitress said, and she ran back to the kitchen.

She returned in a few seconds with a metal flask and a salt shaker. I didn't realize what she was doing until she shook some salt into the flask, and tossed a fair amount of water on us.

She seemed satisfied, "So you're not demons?"

Gail looked confused, "So you speak English?"

The waitress rolled her eyes, "Of course, but authenticity is key in this line of work."

"Can I ask your name?" Sam asked.

"Nadia. Nadia Accorsi." Nadia answered, "I suppose you're Sam and Dean Winchester," She pointed at the boys, "and you two are Keistelle Singer and Gail Harwin," She pointed at Gail and I.

"How did you know that?" Sam asked.

She shrugged, "Easy. The man in black said you'd be coming."

"The man in black?" Gail asked.

Nadia looked at the floor, "You'd better speak to my father." She trotted back to the kitchen. A moment later, a Italian man with dark skin and dark hair walked out of the kitchen. His hands were calloused with years of hard work, and his eyes had wrinkles that implied that he smiled a lot.