6: Mirage Town

Nope, that's it," Pause, "Yeah," Pause, "Yeah there's a case in Annapolis, we won't be able to make it. Can you check it out?" Pause. "Yep, thanks Bobby." Sam flipped his phone off. "Bobby's got something. Turns out that 'town' 5 miles back has the nickname "Mirage Town". And this road has an extreme electromagnetic field which is probably why the car shorted out."

I mouthed 'dork' in Dean's direction, to which he smiled and bit his lip to avoid laughing. I was sitting on the Impala's roof, Dean was on the hood, and Sam was on a stump nearby.

"So, the electromagnetic field stops car. Person in car goes back to the town, which happens to not exist. Person finds that town doesn't exist, and monster feeds on person." Dean said, bored. I on the other hand, was worried as Hell.

"Yeah, basically." Sam told him, "I think that the nasty in Mirage Town makes the electromagnetic field as well as the mirage. Whatever it is, it's powerful."

I pulled out my archangel blade and spun it around on the tip of my finger. "Well, I'm betting that I'm more powerful. So let's go."

"Whoa, whoa, we don't know what the nasty is yet. We're going into this smart, or we're not going in at all." Sam told me.

"You guys can stay, but I have family over there that may or may not be getting hurt. And I have to rescue them." I jumped off the Impala. I grabbed my bag and threw my journal and a couple granola bars and water bottles in. I walked over and popped the trunk. I grabbed some salt, a shotgun, and an EMF detector.

Dean hopped off the hood, "Keistelle-"

"I'm going Dean. How would you feel if Sammy was over there? My little brother and my niece are over there, and you're not going to stop me from rescuing them."

He shrugged his shoulders and grabbed a shotgun from the trunk, "Okay, I'm in." He called to Sam, "Let's go Sammy."

Sam looked confused, "What? Dean you're not serious?" Dean nodded and Sam, flustered, gathered his things.

And it was us, the dream team, walking down the road, with packs full of weapons and determination to kill the thing that took my family, towards the Mirage Town.

"Five miles to the nearest town," I grumbled as we began to trek.

As we neared Mirage Town I felt it. The wash of Gail and Cas's combined fear was heartbreaking. I stopped, fresh out of breath. "Kei, what's wrong?" Dean asked.

I waved him away, "It's really nothing Dean. Let's keep going."

I had to give this thing credit. The town looked amazing. It was rustic and old and had a touch of quaint charm to it. I marveled at the beauty until I heard a blood-chilling sound: Cas screaming.

"Cas!" I tried to yell, but Sam clapped a hand over my mouth.

"Shh Kei, we want the element of surprise on our side." Sam chastised. I nodded.

The scream had come from the bakery. This was too, too much. Gail's fear washed over me in waves. My step faltered, and fell, scraping my knee.

Dean and Sam rushed over to me. "Kei, you're sure you're alright?" Sam asked.

I nodded, "Just some nausea or something."

They looked worried for me, but another scream reverberated through the town. It was Gail's this time.

I whispered to the Winchesters, "Stay behind me." They nodded.

We snuck up to the bakery, silent as mice. I held up three fingers. I whispered, "One, two, three!" On three I kicked the door in.

I rushed into the bakery, archangel blade in hand. There they were Cas and Gail, chained up with iron manacles. Sam started to work on Cas's and I worked on Gail's. Dean went into the kitchen.

"Look at me, Gail. Did they hurt you?" I took off her torn windbreaker to reveal the wrath of these things. Her chest was ripped up and bloody, and her breathing was uneven. "Gail! No, no, no, Gail, I should have never left you." I put my hand on her chest to heal her, but before I got the chance, something pushed me across the room. Sam followed as we were both pinned to the front wall.

"Well well, four for the price of two." A cold sinister voice said.

Sam yelled, "Show yourself, you coward!" As if on cue, three people appeared. Two were black eyed male demons, but the third appeared like a normal girl.

Dean walked out of the kitchen and was immediately thrown against the wall, "What the Hell?" He yelled.

"So our grand total is two angels, two hunters, and a niphilim." The shorter of the two black eyed demons said. "Keep those two chained up, but you may do what you wish," he spoke to the normal-looking girl.

Then Mirage Town disappeared, leaving just the demons, the person, Sam, Dean, and me, with bloodied versions of Cas and Gail.

I nodded, now understanding, "You're a trickster." I said to the girl.

"And you're an archangel. But please where are my manners? I'm Ginger Wallace."

The demons released Sam and Dean, throwing them to the floor. Then they focused their power on me, shoving me harder into the block of stone I was now up against.

"So this is what you do with the people you take from the highway? Torture them?"

"Show me some respect, archangel, an electromagnetic field is very complicated and difficult to do. But yes, we torture them, then kill them. It's great fun, really." Ginger said, giggling.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Dean with the demon knife about to strike.

Then Dean did. He swung at the shorter demon, catching him in the heart. But the other turned around an threw Dean to the ground, involuntarily letting his grip on me go. I grabbed my bag and pulled out my blade. Sam had punched the trickster and was now going after her.

I kicked the demon and swung my blade. I missed and the demon caught my hand. He twisted it the wrong way and I let loose a cry of pain. He took the blade from me and shoved me to the ground. Dean tried to stab again with the knife, but the demon kicked his arm mid-swing.

The demon, now with my archangel blade in hand, stabbed towards me. The pain was excruciating, but he had not hit any fatal spots.

Through my blurred vision I saw Sam, somehow now with the demon knife in hand, stab the demon in the heart. Sam hoisted Dean up from the ground and Dean rushed over to me and gently picked me up. I knew my arm was broken, not to mention the hole in my side.

I saw a tear slip down Dean's cheek before I went unconscious.

Whoop whoop! 6th chapter! Thanks for reading!! If you enjoyed (and even if you didn't) please vote and comment as it would help me out so much.