23: A.N.G.E.L

Entering the Green Room, I saw Gail eating a burger, Dean polishing Ruby's knife, and Cas and Sam pacing. Kyle and Bobby were playing a game of cards. How they got the cards, I didn't know; perhaps one of them had them on them when I brought them here.

Cas spotted Gabriel and I first. His eyes lit up with surprise, which quickly turned to anger. "Kei! How could you do this to us?"

"Well, hello to you too, Cas." I mumbled.

Cas said, "I can't believe you-"

"Save me the spiel, Cas," I cut him off, "I heard what you want to say to me in your prayers." I snapped my fingers and the blood sigils disappeared. Cas looked at like I was crazy.

"You changed your mind?" Sam asked.

Dean set down his knife, and walked over to me. For a second, I thought he was going to yell at me, but instead he grabbed me into a tight hug, "I'm glad you're okay." He said.

I hugged back, "Me too."

Our moment of peace was broken as Gabriel pulled us apart, "Okay guys, we have business to get to."

Dean looked at me quizzically, "Business? You're letting us out?"

I sighed, "Against my better judgement, yes."

"Why?" Bobby asked, "Not that I don't want to leave, or anything."

"Well, I died-"

"You died?" Everyone in the room asked in sync.

"Calm yourselves," I rolled my eyes, "I was brought back by God-"

"By God?" Kyle asked, incredulous.

"Will you please stop interrupting me?" I snapped. "Yes, by God. He ordered me to stop this-"

"This?" Gail asked.

"The second apocalypse." I wanted to reprimand her for interrupting me, but I couldn't get mad at Gail. "I started it. I broke the Devil's Gates. The world is being overrun by demons, and I have to find a way to stop it."

Dean cracked a smile.

I looked at him like he was insane, "What, pray tell, is so funny?"

"Since when do you follow orders, Ms. Fallen Angel?" Dean smiled.

I shrugged, smiling at the irony. Leave it to Dean to make me smile during the Apocalypse.

Gabriel cut in, "So how do we help?"

My smile dropped as I looked at Cas, not acknowledging Gabriel. Castiel's head was slightly tilted, the way he looks when he's confused.

Out of the blue, Cas touched my forehead.

I got a sudden flash of pure blue light. I stumbled back as Cas did. My forehead burned. Cas's fingers looked red.

"Woah," He breathed.

"What?" I asked, "What is it, Cas?"

"Your Grace." He said, "It's almost as if it has expanded."

My eyes cast to the floor, "Well, you see, destroying Devil's Gates takes a ton of energy to do. My Grace was weak so I-"