24: Blood Sigils and Witchcraft

After hours of work, Team Attack (Me, Cas, Gabriel, and Dean) couldn't find a way to stop the Apocalypse. The Devil's Gates were destroyed, so figured there was really no way to close them.

We could smite every demon on the planet, but they were using more than three-fourths of the population as meat suits.

Team Research (Sam, Bobby, Gail, and Kyle) couldn't find a way to stop the Apocalypse either, other than undergoing the Trials, which we did not want to do.

They also couldn't find a way to take out my excess Grace without taking everything out.

I sighed, "Can we take a lunch break or something?"

"Let's," Dean agreed, "I'll go make something up. Sandwiches good?"

"PB&Js," Cas offered.

Dean nodded and trotted into the bunker's kitchen.

Bobby snapped his book closed the second Dean left the room. "Okay, Kei, you have two options. Number one: remove all of your Grace via slitting your neck; number two: leave all of your Grace until your vessel inevitably disintegrates." Bobby looked at me, "There's no way to take out just the excess Grace."

"I have a hard time believing that it's impossible." I folded my arms.

"I assure you, it's impossible."

"What if we consulted a witch?" I asked quickly.

"Consulting a witch? That's a little-"

"What about a witch?" Dean asked, now entering the room with a pile of PB&Js, which Cas's eyes lit up at the sight of.

"Kei wants to consult a witch about extracting the extra Grace." Bobby rolled his eyes to emphasize the fact that he didn't approve.

Dean about choked on the PB&J he had been eating, "Are you insane, Kei?"

"Generally, yes." I smiled, "I have a few friends that are witches."

"You have friends that are witches?" Bobby and Dean exclaimed in sync.

Sam looked up from his book, his eyes bright with excitement, "I've got it!" He exclaimed proudly.

"Not now, Sam," I waved him off and turned back to Dean and Bobby, "I'm just saying. We can go talk to a witch, and get a good idea of what we're working with."

"It's a horrible idea." Bobby said.

"You can't trust a witch," Dean put in, "I won't let you."

"I'm not asking for your permission." I said calmly, "And I'm going to go speak with a witch."

Bobby opened his mouth to retaliate, but Sam cut him off, "Uh, guys. I have something."

The three of us whirled around to him, "What is it?" We asked angrily.

"Just a way to fix the Apocalypse." He shrugged, "If you were interested."

"What!" I half-yelled, "Why didn't you say something?"

He opened his mouth to retaliate, then closed it again and thought for a second. Then he slid his book in front of me, "Just read this."