29: Midnight Blood Rituals

Eventually, everyone had gone inside. Eventually, they had all gone to sleep. Gabe, Cas, and I were the only ones up. It was 12:47 AM.

Gabriel had gone to round up dragon's and fairy's blood. Cas had gone to find the spell book the sigil and spell were in. I had hustled to find the things we needed to summon Crowley. We rendezvoused in the library in eight minutes. Speedy, considering Gabriel I had to run all over the bunker for ingredients.

First, a devil's trap. I grabbed a chalk stick and drew a simple one. It was just a large star inside two circles. In each sector between the star and first circle, I drew a different symbol. My symbols were Enochian runes, used to physically impair the demon, not the normal ones. This would make the trap stronger.

We set up the summoning ritual inside of the trap. First, a chalk triangle enclosed in a chalk circle. Then, three lit candles, one for each point of the triangle. Next a bowl in the middle of the circle, full of different herbs and nuts. Gabriel sliced a knife over his arm and let the blood trickle into the bowl. Then he threw a lit match into the bowl, igniting the ingredients in a plume of flame.

"Et ad congregandum...eos coram me." He recited.

The flame rose higher as Crowley appeared. "My, my, an archangel, an angel, and a ghost of an archangel summon me. What an honor."

"We aren't here to chat, Crowley." I growled.

He smirked at me. "So?"

"So shut up." I said. I could feel the vengeful spirit part of me wanting to obliterate his arrogant ass. I had to concentrate on keeping that in check. At least until we got his blood. Then it could go loose.

I turned away. "Get his blood." I told Cas. "I need to leave."

He nodded, his angel blade in hand. I saw Gabe grab Crowley by the shoulders and Cas advance on him before I left.

I ran down the bunker's hallway, towards my room. Blood was pounding in my ears, blinding my vision. It was all I could do to not turn around and splatter Crowley all over the walls. Go back for him, my mind taunted. He killed you and Rebecca. He killed Gail's mom. He gave Gail to Michael to kill. I yelled out. "Shut up!" I slunk to the floor, my head throbbing.

And just like that, everything stopped. The pounding, the yelling, the urge to kill Crowley; it was all gone. Crowley must have disappeared. They must have gotten the blood and let him go.

Back at the library, I saw that Crowley must have gotten out of control. The were books all over the ground and the floor was cracked. That must have been how Crowley got out of the trap. Cas had a bloody nose, but he had a vile of blood in his hand.

"Rough time?" I asked.

"Speak for yourself." Gabe said. "What happened to you?"

"It was the vengeful spirit part of me. It wanted to kill Crowley." I explained.

"Well thanks for not killing him before we could take his blood." Gabe smiled.

"Do we have all the blood we need now?"

"All but Gail's." Cas said.

"We'll get right on that, as soon as she wakes up."

I woke Gail up at 5:30, too impatient to wait any longer. I shook her awake. "Gail!" I whispered. "Gail! Wake up!"

She rolled over and groaned. "What time is it?"

"Time to get up, lazy bones." I shook her again.

Gail groaned, louder. "I'm going, I'm going." She rolled over and onto the floor. "How long have you been up?"

"All night, my dear. We've been preparing."

Gail stood up. She was wearing one of Dean's t-shirts and a pair of Sam's pajama pants, both items way too big for her small frame. "Preparing? For what?"

"Today's the big day, Gail. Today's the day we stop the apocalypse."

She brushed her hair out of her eyes. "I guess we'd better, you know, go."

"Exactly. That's why I got you. We have to take your blood now so we can prepare the mixture before eight o'clock. That way, we can be out of here and stopping demons by nine." I opened the door. "Are you coming?"

She nodded and came after me. We walked, side-by-side, down the hallway, towards the library. When we got there, Gail said, "you said 'we' back then."

I stopped what I was doing. "When?"

"You said 'we've been preparing'. Who's 'we'?"

"Gabriel, Cas, and I. Angels don't need to sleep."

"What were you guys doing in your preparation."

I grabbed the spell book. "Oh, you know, raising a demon, taking its blood. The usual."

"I see." Gail had gotten a piece of bread off the table. She was eating it. "So when do we start?"

"Start?" I asked.

"Taking my blood. I'm ready when you are." She stuffed the last of the bread in her mouth and took another slice.

I grabbed the four vials of blood off the table. We had dragon's blood, fairy's blood, my fallen angel blood, and Crowley's blood. All we needed was Gail's.

"We can start whenever Gabe and Cas get their lazy asses in here." I said. "I can't take your blood; I get squeamish around needles."

Gail smiled.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"You, the thousands-of-years-old archangel, are scared of needles?" She scoffed.

"I'm not scared of them! I'm just... uncomfortable around them."

"Whatever you say, Kei." She turned back to her bread. "Where are your brothers anyway? Didn't you say they stayed up with you?"

"I have no idea." I said, shaking my head. "Castiel! Gabriel! For your father's sake, get in here!" I yelled into space.

In a few seconds, Gabriel appeared, a sucker in his mouth. "You called?"

Cas appeared next. "What?" He asked.

"Gail wants to start." I said.

"It's six in the morning, Kei. What happened to beauty sleep?" Gabriel asked.

"Get your beauty sleep when the world isn't being overrun with demons, Gabe." I said with a smile.

Cas rolled his eyes. "Focus, guys. We've got work to do." He turned to Gail. "I'm going to need you to hold out your arm."

She did, and Cas grabbed it. "So Trench Coat, how much experience do you have doing this?" Gail asked.

"The name's Castiel. And, some, if you must ask." Cas turned to me. "Get me a syringe and a Band-Aid."

I nodded then turned to Gabriel. Silent communication passed between us. He snapped his fingers and the requested items appeared on the table. Siblings, you gotta love them.

Cas mumbled something, then picked up the syringe. He made eye contact with Gail before sticking the needle in her forearm. He drew blood, enough to make Gail pale a bit. When he was done, he took the needle out of her arm and put the Band-Aid over the puncture.

"So that's that." I said. "We have all our ingredients."

"Perfect," said Gail. "Let's get to combining them."

"But first," I glanced at Gabriel, who met me with an impish grin. "Wakey time."

I went back to add things to the previous chapter. I was going to put it in this one, but it was too long.

Only got one more chapter left! I'm so excited!! Anyway, thanks for reading! If you enjoyed, please vote and comment!