20: Final Farewells

My Grace came back immediately. It was like a white hot light, blinding my vision. It felt amazing.

When my vision cleared, I saw my black wings and my archangel blade on the floor.

I picked them up and, since I couldn't fly, teleported out of that room, to the Green Room.

I only had a bit of prepping to do in the Green Room. I pulled out my angel blade and sliced my hand. I did all the angel-proofing I needed to inactivate angel Grace.

Who needs spray paint when you have blood?

With my Grace weak from the angel-proofing, I teleported to the bunker.

I ended up in the kitchen. Sam and Dean were flipping out, and Gail was sitting at the table, eating a sandwich. I dropped my wings and blade in the kitchen table, announcing my arrival.

Sam turned around to see me, "Kei! Where have you been!?" He half-yelled.

Instead of answering him, I ran over and hugged Gail. "I thought I had lost you for good." I whispered.

"Kei, did you hear me? Where have you been? How's Gail alive? The bunker's locked down; how did you get in here?" Sam rapid-fire questioned me.

"Calm down, Moose-"

"Don't tell us to calm down!" Dean yelled, "You've been gone for two days! Gail's alive somehow! And we've got a half a dozen people here that came for a funeral that can't happen!"

"Guys, look, I'm fine. Gail's fine. We're all fine."

"We're not all fine," Sam said

Dean looked me up and down, then looked at my wings and blade on the table, then at Gail. "You wouldn't have-" He mumbled to himself.

I felt my face go pale. He knew.

"You did!" He exclaimed, "How could you?!"

"Wait, what?" Sam asked, oblivious.

"She made the deal with Crowley!" He looked at me, "You made the deal with Crowley!"

I stared at the floor.

At that moment, the other angels must have heard the yelling, because they stormed into the room. Along with Cas and Gabriel, who had showed up for the funeral.

"Who made a deal with Crowley?" Cas demanded.

"Is that why Gail's alive?" Cas asked. "What was the deal?"

When I said nothing, Gabe explained. "She did," he said, "She made a deal."

"Okay, maybe I did, but-"

Dean cut me off, "You knew she was going to, Gabriel, and you didn't tell us?"

Gabriel looked at the ground now.

"Why'd you even come back, Kei, aren't you supposed to be destroying Devil's Gates?" Sam asked, the pissed-off-ness obvious in his voice.

"I have a day until I have to begin." I explained, "I want to take you guys to the Green Room. As a safe house."

"Us? Why us? We can take care of ourselves." Dean scoffed.