Take A Hint

Stepping off the train, Lucy takes a deep breath, feeling the cool September air blow her curly locks around her face. The sounds of excited teenagers and the groundskeeper Hagrid bellowing for first years makes a small smile cross her face. She feels as if her return to Hogwarts is the same as coming back home from a two month trip to Hell. If she could live here every day for the rest of her life, she would without a moment's hesitation. Someone jostles her shoulder roughly as they pass and she whips her head to the side to see who it was. A particularly nasty bruise catches her eye and she realizes it was Malfoy acting tough since she'd hurt him earlier. She watches as he boards a carriage with his Slytherin friends. A small smirk graces her lips as he catches her eye and glares. Pushing through the crowds, she spots an empty carriage and moves toward it. Suddenly she's lifted into the air and is deposited on someone's shoulder. She cries out in shock and smacks her hands against the person's back, demanding to be released. Lucy looks up to meet eyes with one of the twins and Lee, realizing the other twin had picked her up.
"You do realize that this is considered kidnapping, correct?" As she says this, she has a feeling that she would be saying this many times in her future.
"Of course! We wouldn't have done it if it was the right thing to do!"
The boys laugh and carry her to a carriage. Fred lets her down onto a seat and she smacks him lightly on the arm. He chuckles and winks at her before turning to his brother. Lucy rolls her eyes and watches as the carriage moves them toward the castle. When it comes to a stop, they get off and walk into the castle and toward the Great Hall. She pushes the doors open and hesitates as she makes her way toward the far end of the Hall. The boys call out to her, saying they'll see her again soon. As she sits down at the slowly filling Slytherin table, she feels an inkling of doubt at their statement and lays her head on the smooth wood. Once they realize that she is a Slytherin, the reputation will kick in and they'll consider themselves daft for being around her. They belong with the lions while she's trapped as a snake.
Lucy's spot at the Slytherin table has always been on the far end, closest to the table the professors sit at, away from the crowd. No one has questioned her seat in the four previous years, so it's become hers unofficially. The roar of conversations slowly intensifies until the Slytherin table dissolves into laughter. She lifts her head slightly to find them laughing at Malfoy, whose face is contorted in rage. A smirk finds its way to her face as she lays her head back down. Briefly she wonders what story the boy will use to make himself seem more masculine. Her eyes close and she almost drifts off to sleep when the doors open and the first years are led in like cattle to be sorted. Lucy raises her head briefly to asses them all before returning to the table. No one of any interest is in the lineup. The annual 'Oooh's' over the first of the year feast wake her so she grabs a roll from a basket in the center of the table and slowly eat in. Ten minutes later she tires of the feast and asks the nearest upperclassman who the prefects were for the year. Her stomach drops as the girl tells her they are Pansy Parkinson, a pug faced girl with a rotten attitude, and the one and only Draco Malfoy. Weighing her options she decides to ask Parkinson for the password. As per usual, the password is something about superiority, 'Pureblood'. Lucy turns away from the girl and walks out of the Great Hall. The clamor of voices and dishes dies down the further she gets and eventually Lucy is left with only the sound of her boots clicking against the stone floor.
The dungeons are cold as ever, but as the years wore on, she's built a tolerance to it. When she reaches the entrance, she mutters the password and walks inside. The common room hasn't changed, same cold feeling and greenish tint, same black chairs and fire roaring in the hearth. Lucy walks through the empty room and climbs the staircase to the right to find her belongings and bed for the year. She removes her school robe as she walks, seeing no need to wear it anymore for the evening. In the fifth year dormitory she gazes around the circle of four poster beds and investigates the pile of trunks in the center to find hers. Triumphant, she pulls her trunk across the room and places it at the end of the bed opposite of the door. She tosses her robe onto the bed and pulls a pair of sweat pants and a tank top from her trunk to change into. She trudges down the stairs to settle on the sofa in front of the fire.
The door opens a moment later but she doesn't pay any mind to who it could be. It's still too early for the first years to arrive. Her eyes are closed, her head leaning on her closed fist but the light of the fire is suddenly blocked. Her eyes flick open to find Malfoy standing over her, looking menacing in the low light. With a scowl, she closes her eyes again and ignores him. A few moments later she speaks.
"Go away Malfoy, I'm trying to relax."
"You owe me an apology." He states.
"I owe you? You tried to attack me!" She retorts.
"You punched me. You should know better than that, Luce."
His words cause her to giggle. "Because I shouldn't retaliate when someone attacks me? You don't own me Malfoy. I have the right to do what I see fit."
"That's what you think Luce, but I own you. I want you and what I want, I get. Make it easier on yourself and just accept it." He growls.
Lucy opens her eyes finally and turns to him.
"You're psychotic. Just leave me alone. I'm not a toy."
She moves to stand but he shoves her back down onto the couch and he sits down next to her.
"I didn't tell you that you could leave."
"I'm not a toy. I don't have to listen to you. Now let me up or you'll have a repeat of the train ride." She threatens.
Her chocolate eyes fix him with a fiery glare but he ignores it. Malfoy roughly grabs her face and forces his lips onto hers. She swings at him, but unable to connect with his body. Finally she's able to shove him back with enough force to knock him into the coffee table. Lucy stands and pulls her wand from her boot, aiming it at him.
"I'm about to hex you into oblivion you little prat!"
Her socked foot slams into his groin before she leaves him on the floor and storms out of the common room.
              The chill of the dungeons hits her again, the cold of the common room forgotten due to the fire. Lucy wraps her arms around herself, cursing the fact she forgot a jacket and shoes. She walks slowly through the halls toward the main area of the castle and pauses when she notices something wet on her cheek. Angrily she wipes away the tears and mutter a rant about what had happened. Not paying attention she runs into something solid and looks up to find Lee. 

"Sorry..." She mutters, looking back down and moving to go around him.
His arm reaches out and catches her, gently pulling her back to him.
"What happened Lucy? A girl as pretty as you shouldn't be crying."
A small smile lines her face briefly but she shakes her head. "I'm fine."
"Doesn't look like it."
"I..."
"There you are mate! Oh, hey Lucy! Wait, what's wrong?"
It's Fred and George, their grins fading as they approach.
"Good luck mates, she wouldn't tell me." Lee warns.
"I'm fine guys. Just going for a walk."
"I don't buy it." Fred picks her up and tosses her over his shoulder again, causing her to squeak in surprise.
The boys laugh and mock her for squeaking but refuse to let her down.
"You do realize this is considered kidnapping, correct?"
"Of course! We wouldn't have done it if it was the right thing to do!"
"This is a serious sense of déjà vu." She mutters.
As the boys wander the halls of the castle, she tries to find ways to earn her right to return to solid ground, but they refuse, saying the only way is to tell them what had happened. Lucy, stubborn as ever, stays silent. The boys begin to talk in depth about Quidditch and random boring topics they come up with. Ten minutes later, Lucy caves.
"Malfoy cornered me in the common room and kissed me. I knocked him off of me and kicked him in the groin. He's such a creep." She shudders.
Fred stops and allows her to get off of his shoulder. The iciness of the floor reminds her of her lack of shoes.
"We'll handle this. He's a good target for our new products."
"You're going to prank him?" She asks, knowing their successful business as pranksters, developing new products to sell to the students.
"Naturally."
"I'm in."

u