What About the Feast?

Lucy stares down at the pile before starting with the ones from her 'caregivers'. There's no card or letter, as usual, but she ends up with a set of diamond and emerald earrings, necklace, and a bracelet. She closes the boxes before moving onto ones from Hermione and Ginny. Hermione bought her a book about the many uses of various plants in potion making, combining Lucy's favorite courses, Herbology and Potions. Ginny had gotten her an anklet with small sparkling stars dangling off of the chain. She smiles and puts them to the side. The newest package from Fred is opened next, revealing a letter and a dark green jumper with an 'L' stitched onto the front. She runs her hand over the fabric and opens the letter.
Lucy,
My mother heard, from George and Ginny teasing me that you existed. I told her that you had stayed behind at Hogwarts for the holiday, so she decided to knit you a jumper. She didn't want you to feel like you were alone when you had us as a second family. She also told me to remind you that you are welcome at The Burrow whenever you want. I hope your trip home went well. Hope to hear from you. Merry Christmas Lucy.
-Fred"
She smiles at the letter before moving on to the unfamiliar package. She finds it to be from Lee, who wrote a small letter about where he found the item and how he hoped I liked it and had a great Christmas. She tears open the wrapping and finds a small ornate wooden box. More writing on the back of the letter tells her how to open the box and its functions. She follows the steps, pushing and sliding pieces along the sides until the top lifts off to reveal the interior. He tells her at the bottom that it is just a muggle trinket box to hide things in. She places the letters from them inside before closing it up. She opens the remaining packages from George and Lee, containing vast assortments of candies from Honeydukes, a Gryffindor scarf for giggles, a new pair of gloves, a hat, and a variety pack of their prank products, not available for general purchase yet of course. Finally, Lucy is left with a small pile of gifts from Fred. She starts with the largest package and finds his old Quidditch jersey with a note attached. She holds the jersey to her nose and takes a deep breath, thankful that it was cleaned by the house elves, before reading his note.
Lucy,
I wrapped this while you were getting dressed this morning before we left for break. I know you are worried about what your parents are going to say, and that we may hate you for some reason, but we will never hate you. I hope everything is alright, but in case it's not, I want you to have this. You look better in Gryffindor colors anyhow. Just know that no matter what happens, we will be here for you whenever you need us. I'll see you when we get back.
-Fred
Lucy brushes away the tears that spilled over and place the letter in the trinket box before shrinking the jersey and putting it inside too so Malfoy won't find it if he ever goes through her stuff. The remaining gifts from him are her favorite treats and candies and a ring she'd admired on a trip to Hogsmeade with him at the beginning of the term. She's surprised that he remembered it. It was a simple, inexpensive ring, she just hadn't wanted to spend money on herself. Its silver, shaped like a tree branch, never meeting into a closed circle, with a silver cherry blossom in the center. She slides it onto her left middle finger and admire it before pushing her presents inside her trunk again. Current situation aside, Christmas hasn't been entirely dreadful.
Before she knows it, it's time for the Christmas feast. She fixes her hair and applies a minimal amount of make up on before putting a pair of boots on and sneaking down the stairs. She glances around when she reaches the bottom, looking for Draco. Satisfied that he's not around, she makes her way across the room.
"Looking for someone?" His voices reaches her ears before his hand latches onto her hair, dragging her back to him.
"Let me go." She spits out through the pain and fear.
"I think not. You were quite rude earlier. I'm tired of your behavior Luce. We have three days left alone together, why not work on your obedience?"
His breath tickles her ear making a shiver run down her spine.
"What about the feast?" She asks, trying to distract him.
"I think they'll be alright without us."
He releases her, shoving her to the floor. She rolls onto her back, pulling her wand and shooting a spell at him.
"Stupefy!"
He dodges it and counters with "Expelliarmus!"
She rolls out of the way and the spell misses. She shuffles backward, eyes wide. He points his wand at her again and she freezes.
"Let's have some fun now, right Love?" His wicked grin shows her that it will be anything but fun.
"Alarte Ascendare!" She cries out.
The spell strikes Malfoy in the chest, sending him up in the air. She scrambles to her feet and rushes out of the room before he can retaliate.
Lucy doesn't stop running until she's out of the Dungeons and near the gargoyle statue leading to Dumbledore's office. She's not sure what it is she's planning on doing, but she wants to desperately leave the castle for atleast awhile. She mutters the password and the gargoyle swings aside. She knocks and waits for Dumbledore to allow her entrance before walking inside.
"Hello again Miss Addams. Is there something I can help you with?"
"My family needs me home again for a little while. I'll be back by the time the other students do as well."
The lie slips off her tongue, leaving her feeling wrong.
"I'm sorry Sir. That was a lie. There's something going on right now, and I need to visit The Burrow for a little while. Is it alright? Mrs. Weasley has given me permission to come by anytime and... I'm babbling."
She wrings her hands while looking up at him.
"If Mrs. Weasley has permitted it and you return by the time students return if not before, then it is alright."
"Thank you Sir."
"If you ever need to speak, you are welcome to stop by any time."
She nods and thanks him again, wishing him a Merry Christmas, before stepping into the fireplace.