Eye Bleach

The next morning Lee arrives to breakfast and watches as Lucy and Malfoy walk in together and sit at the Slytherin table. Malfoy looks up briefly and their gazes lock in matched glares before Malfoy smirks and turns Lucy's face so he can kiss her. Lee looks away angrily and stabs his eggs instead of hexing the boy like he wanted. He'd sent an owl to Fred and George after the encounter in the corridors about what happened and received a reply earlier this morning. To say the least, they were furious and Fred was heartbroken. Lee looks up toward Lucy in time to see her suddenly stand and move to leave before collapsing. He instantly gets to his feet and rushes over while Malfoy remains in his seat eating bacon. When Lee gets to Lucy's side, Malfoy finally turns and snaps at Lee not to touch her.
"What did you do to her you slimy little git?!"
"I didn't do a thing. Now let her go, filthy traitor."
Lee pushes the now standing Malfoy out of the way before picking up a semi-conscious Lucy.
"Come Lucy, let's get you to the infirmary." He shoots a look at Malfoy as he helps her out of the Great Hall.
Madam Pomphrey instructs Lee to place the frail girl on the bed before shoving him aside to look her over. Lee watches silently from the next bed over until Pomphrey walks away for a moment. He looks down at the brunette, saddened by how much she's changed over the year. She'd always been thin and a little pale, but now every bone in her body is overly pronounced and what little skin that's exposed is bruised and sickly looking. Her left hand is covered by a black fingerless glove, drawing his curiosity. He slowly reaches over and pulls it back to see what's underneath. His eyes widen at the deep scarred letters.
"I must obey?" He mutters the words before putting the glove back down.
Pomphrey comes back a moment later and gives Lucy a spoonful of a potion. In her sleep, Lucy swallows it and coughs before growing silent again.
"So, what happened Mr. Jordan?"
"We were at breakfast and she suddenly stood up and collapsed. That's all I know."
"The injuries?" She asks quietly.
"It's not my place to tell... Will she be alright? What happened?"
"She will be fine. She's severely malnourished and is considered anorexic judging by her size. That paired with exhaustion and stress probably caused her to faint. She has a slight fever as well. None of her injuries need attention, they will heal in time. She should wake up any moment now and you will need to escort her to the carriages as they leave in half an hour." She pauses before turning to Lee. "I've seen her with you and the Weasley boys a lot this past year. Please take care of her."
"I'm doing my best Madam Pomphrey." He says quietly before the older woman walks away.
A few minutes later, Lucy wakes up. She sits up slowly and her chocolate colored eyes look around before landing on Lee. Before she can ask, he recaps what had happened, omitting the parts where he looked at her hand and the final words between Madam Pomphrey and himself.
"Oh. Where is Malfoy?" She asks quietly, her gaze wandering around the room as if he'd be lurking in the corner.
"Hopefully at the bottom of a cliff. He never followed or came in but sadly he's around the castle somewhere."
He helps her to her feet and walks with her out of the infirmary.
When Lucy enters the Slytherin common room she feels the urge to throw up and possibly bleach her eyes, she hasn't decided yet. Pansy Parkinson is shirtless and straddling someone on the couch. Lucy averts her eyes and moves to climb the stairs when Pansy speaks.
"Hey Drakie, your play thing is back."
Lucy stops with one foot half raised and turns as Malfoy sits up from underneath Pansy, his hair and shirt tousled. He motions at Pansy who gets up to find her shirt while Malfoy makes his way toward Lucy. She snaps back to attention and bolts up the stair case, locking the door behind her. The other girls had already brought their trunks down so her luggage is the last in the room. She takes a deep breath before walking into the bathroom to fix her hair. According to the clock above the mirror, there's twenty minutes left until the carriages leave and she will be trapped with Malfoy for the summer. With a sigh, she moves back into the bedroom to make sure everything is packed. Her hands graze the trinket box Lee had given her for Christmas and she pulls it out and opens it, pulling Fred's jersey out and enlarging it before lifting the fabric to her nose. It hasn't lost his scent despite being in the box for several months. A knock on the door draws her from her thoughts and she shrinks the shirt and puts it back in the box and locks it away in the trunk before using her wand to lift it. She unlocks the door and makes her way down the stairs with the trunk behind her and silently joins Malfoy on their way down to the carriages to take them to the train. They ride in a tense silence, leaving her on edge.
As the train leaves, Malfoy drags her down toward an empty compartment. To anyone looking, they were two teens holding hands and looking for privacy. At the end of the Slytherin compartment, he opens a door and roughly shoves her inside before casting a muffling charm and locking the door. Lucy scrambles up from the floor and curls into a ball against the window. He turns to face her with a triumphant smirk before sitting across from her and propping his feet up.
"Relax Luce. I'm not going to hurt you. Just enjoy the train ride. After all, we get to spend the summer together."
She ignores him and stays curled up, staring out at the passing landscape.