In Your Faces Mates!

Classes have ended for the semester, marking tomorrow as the Yule Ball and the following as the departure for Christmas Break. Lucy was dragged along to Hogsmeade with Hermione Granger and the twins' sister Ginny for dress shopping. Even though she'd only gone along for decision support for the duo, they'd made her try on almost every dress that was in her size. In the end, they convinced her to purchase a long, strapless forest green dress. A steel boned corset with a beadwork patch on the left breast makes the top, flowing into a floor length skirt with a tall slit on the left leg. She fell in love with it on sight and purchased a pair of silver heels to match the beading. Her only issue was that she had no date to go with, but she decided that she would go regardless to have fun before the castle emptied for two weeks afterward. Currently, Lucy was walking toward Gryffindor tower to see the trio of pranksters. George had managed to get a date with Angelina, last Lucy knew atleast. Lee and Fred didn't have dates from what she'd heard before. She sighs and enters the common room, scanning it for the boys before retreating to the dormitory.
Lucy finds them seated on their beds, mocking Fred for some reason. She raises an eyebrow in question as the boys look up and stop talking. She takes a seat next to Fred and wait for an explanation. No one speaks, so she changes tactic and asks what was going on. They reassure her it's nothing, but the redness of the twins' ears betrays them all.
"Your ears are pink. You all are lying to me. I thought we were friends." She pouts and stares up at Fred until he sighs.
"Alright mates, shove off." He says and she watches Lee and George file out of the room with smirks on their faces.
"So... what's going on?" She asks, thoroughly confused.
"I uh, well I was wondering if you wanted to go to the Yule Ball with me?" He asks, his face draining of color.
"I'd love to." She replies with a smile.
"Oh, well that's okay, I just thought- wait. You said yes?" Haha! In your faces mates!" He goes from sad, to happy, to gloating in a matter of seconds. The boys come back in and high five him before asking what's wrong with her for agreeing. She rolls her eyes and turns the attention to Lee for being the only one in their group without a date. Lucy lays a pillow on Fred's lap before laying her head down on it. The boys all mock Lee while Fred absentmindedly plays with her hair. Lee suddenly gets up, leaving the room, before coming back five minutes later saying that he got a sixth year named Gwen to go with him. The rest of the day off is spent discussing break plans and the twins' joke shop.
The next morning, Lucy woke up and grabbed her dress and accessories for the night before rushing over to the Gryffindor tower in her pajamas to get ready with Ginny, Hermione, Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and Gwen. Over time, she had gotten close with Ginny, Hermione, and the girls from the Quidditch team since she had become a part of the package deal of the pranking trio. When she arrives at Hermione's dorm, the other girls are already there and showered. Lucy drops her dress and bag off on a nearby bed before darting into the showers. She emerges wrapped in a towel and weaves around the other girls to get her dress. Ginny already has hers on, a knee length icy blue strapless gown with a poofy bottom and snowflakes embroidered on the torso. In Lucy's opinion, she looks gorgeous. She turns to find Hermione in a floor length scarlet gown. Lucy unzips hers from the bag and slides it on, admiring the feel of the fabric before settling Ginny down in a chair to fix her hair. The other girls are taking turns doing hair, nails, and make up for each other so the room is chaos. Lucy studies Ginny's hair for a moment before loosely curling it and sweeping it into an up do before adding a silver barrette to pin back a section of her bangs. Hermione finishes painting Ginny's nails before trading places with Ginny. Hermione's hair gets straightened before the hair behind her bangs gets braided and turned into a crown. Several small gems get stuck to her hair throughout the braid. Finally Lucy is able to sit while Ginny does her hair, curling it before weaving it into a faux braid and securing it with an ornamental barrette to hold it in place. The girls scatter to different mirrors to apply makeup and accessories. Once everyone is ready, Lucy watches as Angelina, Katie, Alicia, and Gwen walk out first. Curiosity getting the best of her, she peeks around the corner, watching as George's jaw drops along with Lee's and the other dates. She giggles and pushes Ginny and Hermione lightly toward the door. Hermione stumbles slightly in the heels but recovers. As Ginny descends the stairs, Harry's face pales as she smiles and takes his arm. Ron looks as if he's going to faint once he spies Hermione. Finally Fred is the only one left at the base of the stairs, waiting anxiously for Lucy to come down. The others have stuck around to walk together, chatting quietly as they wait. Clicking on the stairs draws their gaze to the brunette, smiling sweetly at the red headed boy as his ears turn red and his face pales, his jaw slackening as he gazes up at her. She giggles and takes his arm, snapping him out of his thoughts before he leads her to the Great Hall.
==

  A/N: I know the Yule Ball was a Triwizard Tournament thing, but I wanted to include it in my story, so bear with me please. :)