Stand Up

The next morning Lucy sneaks over to the Gryffindor tower again to see the boys before the big Quidditch game against Slytherin. The twins are both so caught up in strategies with their captain to really pay her much attention, so she wishes them luck before following Lee down to the Great Hall so he can eat before heading to the stadium. The fans are unevenly divided, a majority dressed in maroon and gold with only the Slytherin house itself dressed in green and silver. Lucy herself is dressed in one of Fred's old Gryffindor shirts. She follows Lee to a small table with McGonnagol sitting nearby and settle down on his other side. The seats around the area quickly fill and they all watch as Lee calls the teams out onto the pitch. Madam Hooch steps forward and releases the game balls and the players take to the skies. Lee's commentary is soon drowned out by Slytherin's song about Ron being too nervous to properly play. The score for Slytherin's favor quickly rises to forty-ten, making Lucy scowl. Suddenly Harry and Draco dive toward the ground after the snitch. Neck and neck, they reach out for the snitch, but in the end Harry holds up the golden snitch, winning the game for Gryffindor. Screams of shock echo through the crowd as a bludger slams into Harry and knocks him from his broom. Though he was only five or six feet in the air, the ground is still a very painful surface. Angelina Johnson jumps off her broom to help Harry while Madam Hooch scolds Malfoy's friend Crabbe for shooting the ball.
Malfoy lands nearby and from her spot in the stands, she can see how furious he is. Lucy stands and tries to make her way through to get to Fred and George, but pauses with Malfoy spits some insult at Harry. Ron has disappeared somewhere around the changing rooms. She can't hear what Malfoy is saying, but he turns toward the Weasley twins and says something, causing them to tense up. Angelina says something to Fred, grabbing his arm to hold him back. Harry grabs George a moment later, while Alicia Spinnet and Katie Bell join Angelina in restraining Fred. Malfoy starts to laugh and Lucy finally jumps over the railing and rush onto the pitch to figure out what's happening. Before she can reach them, Harry releases George and they both sprint toward Malfoy. Lucy gasps as Harry punches Malfoy in the stomach. The girls are screaming at them to stop while Malfoy and the boys are trading insults. Hooch lands and sends Harry flying backward away from Malfoy using some jinx. By the time Lucy makes it to them, Malfoy is on the ground holding his hand to his face, blood streaming down from his nose, and George's lip was split open. Hooch leads Harry and George up to the castle while Malfoy is sent to the infirmary. The girls finally release Fred and wander off to the changing rooms, leaving him alone with Lucy.
"What did he say to you?" She asks cautiously.
"He insulted our Mum and Dad and Harry's mum. If the girls hadn't held me back I would've given that ferret what he deserved." He mutters, glaring at the ground.
"I'm sorry. Harry and George are in enough trouble as it is. I wouldn't want you involved as well. Besides, I would be stuck alone with Lee if you both were in detention."
He smiles lightly and she hugs his waist as they walk to the changing rooms.
A few hours later Harry and George return to the Gryffindor common room to share the news of their punishments. They both have detention for a week with McGonnagol and Umbridge has banned them both from Quidditch for life. Worst of all, she banned Fred by association. Their brooms were confiscated and are being held in her office. The Quidditch team rages over the injustice before slowly trickling back into their dormitories to relax after the day, leaving Lucy with Lee and the twins. She lets them stew silently before apologizing even though she knew it wasn't her fault in the slightest.
"Don't worry about it Lucy, he'll get what he deserves."
"I know, things will get taken care of. I'm fairly sure she can't actually ban you for life though."
They all sit in silence for a few minutes as Lucy replays the events of the day over in her head, stuck on Malfoy's arrogance until her leg starts to twitch in frustration and she can't settle down. Finally she stands suddenly and tells them she will return shortly before hugging them all and leaving the common room, ignoring their questions.
The dungeons are cold as ever but Lucy doesn't notice it at all, warmed by the anger radiating off of her. She's not sure what it is she is planning on doing but she doesn't care. She spits the password and marches into the common room. The only people in the common room are three boys and a girl seated around the fireplace. They all whirl around to face her and the self-proclaimed leader smirks at her arrival. She flips them off before stopping in front of the blonde. They all stare up at her, Pansy Parkinson on the arm of the couch, Malfoy in the center, and Crabbe and Goyle flanking his sides.
"Did you enjoy the show Luce? Heard your little traitor friends got banned from Quidditch. Serves them right."
"The only part I enjoyed was watching you get pummeled you slimy little ferret. You deserve so much more than you got." She seethes.
"Hey! Don't talk to Drakie like that!" Pansy scrunches her ugly little pug face up into a glare.
Lucy returns the glare with more intensity until Pansy backs down. "If you value your face, leave now."
Pansy stares at her in shock until Lucy repeats the word 'now'. She doesn't turn as Pansy scurries up the stairs to the dormitories.
"I don't see why you're so worked up Luce, they're just blood traitors."
"Stand up." She commands suddenly, crossing her arms over her chest.
"What?"
"Stand up." She repeats.
He looks confused, but complies.
"I refuse to hit someone while they're seated."
Before he can register her words, she swings and her fist connects with his already broken nose and hears it crunch again. Blood begins to seep onto his shirt as he glares down at her. She swings again and hits his mouth, instantly splitting his lip. He catches her fist the third time and his goons have made their way behind her. He uses his grip on her fist to shove her backward while Crabbe and Goyle latch onto her arms, drawing them behind her back.
"You're going to pay for that Lucy." He hisses.
She spits in his face and watch as his expression contorts to rage. A stinging sensation suddenly blooms on her cheek as she realize he's slapped her. She brings her foot up to kick him but his friends pull her roughly backward until she hits the floor. She goes to stand but finds Malfoy's wand trained at her throat. Remembering her own wand, she reaches for it but he beats her to it, tossing it across the room.
"Leave us." He commands them and they obey, heading upstairs without a second glance.
"You shouldn't have done that Lucy. I've put up with a lot from you, but attacking me over some filth? That's inexcusable. You need to be taught your place."
"And what are you going to do about it?" Her attitude taking reign over her fear.
He stares down at her for a moment before muttering 'silencio' and her voice is gone. His fist comes down and connects with her lip, and twice more to effectively black her eyes. His wand trains on her again before speaking one of the unforgivable curses. Fire courses through her veins immediately and her mouth opens to scream though no noise escapes. Unable to bear the pain, her body writhes on the floor in agony, feeling as if any moment she would die. Death never comes nor does a savior, just wave after wave of intense pain. After what feels like hours of torture, the pain ends abruptly and she's left gasping on the floor with tears running down her pale cheeks. She turns over onto her side as she dry heaves before dissolving into sobs. Malfoy watches her for a moment before latching onto her arm and hauls her unsteadily to her feet. He crashes his mouth onto hers before shoving her back down and removing the charm and stalking up the stairs without a word. She stays on the floor for a few minutes to steady herself before slowly standing to retrieve her wand.
    Lucy makes her way briskly through the castle, head down, hair covering her face, as she tries to return to Gryffindor tower without being noticed. She imagines she looks dreadful, bruised, bloody, and tearstained to say the least. The Fat Lady lets her in and she walks through the common room, glaring at anyone who looked at her, effectively silencing any questions lingering on their lips. She trudges up the stairs and hesitates at the dormitory door. As a last ditch effort to conceal her face, she pulls the hood of her sweatshirt up and uses her hair to create a curtain before facing the inevitable and opening the door. The boys greet her cheerfully and she attempts to greet them back but her voice cracks as if her vocal chords were strained. She gingerly takes a seat on Fred's bed and listen to their lively conversation trickle to nothing. 

"Lucy, where'd you go and what happened to your voice?"
She shrugs and fiddles with the zipper on her jacket.
"Why's your hood up?" George asks suspiciously.
Again she shrugs, not looking up at the trio. She swallows the lump in her throat and blinks back the tears threatening to spill over. There's a sudden pressure on either side of the mattress and a set of feet in front of her. Lucy tenses up despite her protesting muscles and remains deathly still has hands reach up to pull the hood down from her head.
"Lucy, look at me please." Fred asks gently, leaning over in front of her.
She complies, slowly looking up at him and hears them all gasp. She looks back down as tears start to stream down.
"Who did this to you?!" They command, furious.
"D-don't worry about it. I..."
"No! There's no 'don't worry about it'; someone hurt you and we want to know what happened."
She takes a calming breath before answering. "I took care of things, that's all."
"Took care of things? What are you talking about?" George asks.
"Wait, earlier when we were talking about Malfoy, you said things would be taken care of..." Lee says, trailing off as they realize.
"Malfoy did this to you?"
She sits in silence but slowly nods her head, dissolving into sobs. The boys begin to talk but she can't understand what they're saying. George pulls her into his lap and rubs her back while trying to soothe her. She stops crying a few minutes later, hiccupping instead.
"What did he do to you Lucy?"
"I got a couple of good hits on him but his friends threw me to the ground. I spit on him after that and he took my voice away and hit me a few times before..." She trails off, swallowing painfully.
"Before what?"
"I don't want to talk about it, please?" They nod and hug her before dropping the conversation.
She moves back onto the bed and they all settle in for the night, making Lucy stay with them instead of returning to the Slytherin house.