New York

Lucy and Arthur step into the airport and over toward the luggage belt. They track down their suitcases and turn to look for her parents. Her eyes scan the sea of people holding signs and finally lock on one with Lucy Addams on it. She gets Arthur's attention and they walk over to a thin woman with sleek hair matching Lucy's and warm chocolate colored eyes. A tall dark haired man stands next to her holding the sign. The woman looks up and notices her then starts rapidly smacking her husband's arm. Lucy and Arthur stop in front of them and the woman immediately wraps her in a hug and starts to cry. Lucy hugs her back as the men shake hands.
"I'm so happy to see you Lucy. I wasn't sure if we were going to ever see you again."
"Relax Marianne. You two must be hungry, let's go to dinner. Our treat." The man says after pulling Lucy into a light hug.
The two follow her parents out of the airport and into a nice car. The man takes them through the city and to a nice looking Italian restaurant. They follow the waiter to their table and flip through the menu before ordering. They chat idly until the meal arrives and they start to eat. Marianne looks across the table at Arthur before breaking the silence.
"So, what relation are you to Lucy, Mr. Weasley?"
"My twin sons went to school with Lucy and they are very close. She's been staying with them for the remainder of the summer. They're running a business right now and couldn't get away for one of them to come with her so she asked me to."
"I trust your sons are taking very good care of her."
"Of course. They simply adore her."
Arthur and Dereck turn their conversations toward muggle items, leaving the mother and daughter to talk.
"I'm just so happy to see you again. You've grown so much."
"Why did you two abandon me?" Lucy asks directly.
"We didn't abandon you. You were taken from our home. We looked everywhere."
"Annabella and Theodore said they found me on the streets."
"They lied. You were taken from us in the middle of the night. Can you tell me what happened while you were away?" Marianne asks quietly.
"They claimed to have adopted me and told me that you abandoned me. They told me I had to sign a paper saying I agreed to their rules and conditions. At the time I was too young to really know what they meant. I'd signed into agreement that they could train me in etiquette, cooking, dancing, things an elitist housewife would need to know. At any point before age 17 they could arrange a marriage with the son of a wealthy family and I would have to go through with it. That is part of why I reached out to find you two. If you reclaimed me as your daughter and took action against them, it would nullify the contract." Lucy breaks off, leaving the worst details out.
"Of course we will claim you as ours and will get you out. But why don't you want to be with the arranged?"
Lucy stares down at her plate and pushes the noodles around on it.
"He's highly abusive..." She mutters, then glances at Arthur to be sure he isn't listening. "He used one of the curses on me several times. And the day I left I found out he's a..." She mouths the word 'death eater'.
"Understood. You will not be around that boy anymore. I want to have a word with him and his parents and that couple that took you. They're lucky I'm not in London."
Lucy smiles lightly, noting the attitude similarities she shares with her mother.
"Now, do you have your eyes set on anyone? I know you aren't attracted to the arranged."
Lucy's face turns red and her mom claps her hands in excitement.
"So there is someone! I want to meet him! What's his name? What's he like?"
"He's really sweet, and funny, he doesn't have a lot of book smarts but he's still amazing. He played Quidditch in school and now co-owns a business with his twin. His name is, uh," she glances at Arthur again. "Fred Weasley." She whispers.
"Awe that's so sweet. I must meet him soon. How is Hogwarts? I heard it's a lovely school. You look a little thin, have you been eating? Why are you wearing a glove too?"
"Full of questions, are we? Hogwarts is amazing, the Headmaster is wonderful. I uh, stopped eating for a while but I'm fine now. I ran away from well, life for a little bit and tried to earn money to buy myself out of the contract and was kidnapped from my studio and brought back to Hogwarts. Due to my running away, I was given detention with a woman that is the worst in the world. She could give Bellatrix Lestrange a run for her money. Her detention caused scarring and so I cover it with the glove."
"I will hurt whoever she is if I see her."

After dinner and more question exchanges,Marianne and Dereck take them to their home for the night. Arthur is onlystaying until the morning when the legal paperwork can be drawn up to removecustody from the Addams and show Lucy's return to her birth family. Once thepapers are done, he's set to use a portkey arranged between the two ministries toreturn and get the action started. Lucy is staying with her parents for twodays after that and flying back. Derek and Arthur retreat to the study to drawup the papers to be signed while Marianne takes Lucy upstairs to see her oldbedroom. It hadn't been touched since she was kidnapped.
Lucysteps inside the room as Marianne opens the door and glances around the palepurple room with plush cream colored carpet. A flower shaped rug is in front ofthe doorway and a rather large blue stain on the carpet in the center. Lucyraises her eyebrow at it and Marianne explains that it was where Lucy found amarker and bit it and the ink bled everywhere. She points at a photo on thedresser that shows a three year old Lucy clapping her hands while her brightyellow dress is stained with blue along with her hands and face. Lucy grins andturns to the toddler bed with clouds adorning the sheets. A pile of stuffedanimals rests in a corner and Lucy feels oddly drawn to the toy in the center.She carefully picks up the red teddy bear and turns it over in her hands.
"That was your favorite toy. You named him Bermy. I don't know where on Earthyou picked that name but you loved him."
"Thank you for showing me this. I'm glad I got the chance to see where I camefrom and learn about myself."
"I'm glad I got the chance to see my daughter alive and well. I have somethingI want you to know. It doesn't matter to me whatever you choose to do with theinformation but you have the right to know."
Lucy turns to the woman in front of her, still cradling the bear.
"What did you say your full name was?"
"Lucille Josephine Addams. I know of course my last name isn't Addams. Why?"
"Your name isn't Lucille Josephine. Your birth name is Joanna Elizabeth Binx.You can choose whatever you want to go by and your father and I will accept It."
"I'm so used to Lucy I will probably remain that. I am going to go by Binxthough. My house elf had told me my last name, she helped me find the folderthat led me to you. When I ran away and opened the dance studio I went by that."
"Lucy Binx it is." She smiles broadly and pulls her daughter in for a hug.
"Hey Mum, do you have any old photos I could have to bring back to London?"
"Of course. I had made a whole album for you. It was going to be a present foryour seventeenth birthday."
Marianna leads her out of the room and into another to find the album.