Wizards and Airplanes

Lucy is standing in the middle of the living room with a small suitcase full of clothing and other items, hugging the boys and saying her goodbyes to them. She pulls away from a deep kiss with Fred just as a loud pop echoes through the room. They all turn to see the person travelling with her to America, Arthur Weasley. She mentioned it to him and Molly, and after much debate, they agreed for him to go. It was more of Molly talking with Lucy, as Arthur had gone off on an excited rant about airplanes and other muggle items. It was almost as bad as when the twins had given him a Pepsi soda. He kept the can and shows it off every time someone comes over. Fred and George walk over to their father and talk with him in low voices, reminding him to stay calm while they're in the airport and to make sure nothing happens to her while they're gone. He shoos away their worries and hugs them. He lets them go and shakes hands with Lee before turning to Lucy.
"Are you ready to go on the muggle transportation device?"
"It's an airplane, Dad. Remember you're supposed to seem like a muggle." Fred reminds him.
"Right. An airplane! I knew that."
Lucy giggles and moves to stand next to Arthur. They were going to apparate to an alley near the airport and walk the rest of the way. She waves goodbye to everyone again before taking his arm and they leave.
They step into an alley next to a foul smelling dumpster and walk out casually. Foot traffic as well as car traffic is heavy so no one pays any mind to the two as they make their way to the airport building. Lucy pulls the tickets and her passport from her purse and Arthur pulls his fake passport out as well. The muggles will see it as an official book, while in reality they are simply blank notebooks. Arthur rushes toward the automatic doors once he spots them and Lucy has to quietly remind him to stay calm. He clears his throat and slows his pace again. They drift through the crowds of muggles and Lucy manages to track down the gate the plane will be leaving from. The move to the counter and the lady checks their tickets and stamps their passports. They're directed over to the metal detectors where they have to take off their shoes and put everything in the buckets except their clothing. Lucy passes through, slightly impressed by the technology, while Arthur is having a hard time keeping himself calm. The two put their shoes back on and gather their belongings before joining the line to board the plane. In a hushed voice Arthur begins to ask her a series of questions about the doors, the computers, the metal detectors, and everything he can think of. She answers to the best of her ability as the minutes tick by and the passengers are finally allowed to start boarding.
When Arthur spots the plane he stares at it in awe even as they get on he begins to look around at the interior. Lucy leads him to their seats and they settle down after putting away their luggage. Arthur gets the window seat since he was more excited to see everything than she was. Lucy watches him stare out the window at the ground crew loading luggage into the plane and disconnecting the fuel hose.
"How does a plane work?" He asks.
"It moves fast enough to be able to lift off the ground and the force of air and the pressure keeps it going along with the motors." She responds.
"Where'd you learn that?"
"I went to a muggle library yesterday to read up on any questions you might ask me." She smiles at him.
"Thank you. I'm embarrassed that I'm so excited about this, but I've never been around anything like this before."
"I know. That's why I invited you. I thought you deserved the opportunity to be around the things you love."
Before he can reply, the stewardess comes into the aisle and starts her speech. She tells everyone to take their seats and buckle the seatbelts. She and the other stewardesses walk through the aisles to make sure everyone is buckled and devices are turned off before they go into their station to buckle their own belts. The plane starts to move and Lucy feels a small pit of nervousness growing in her stomach while Arthur is fascinated. A few minutes later the plane levels out and people are free to move around.
"Only seven and a half hours left." She mutters before pulling a book from her purse.