It's Raining Bodies

A month has passed since Hogwarts sent its students home for the summer, and Lee's attempt at taking Lucy away failed. As soon as they arrived at King's Cross, Malfoy swept her away to his waiting parents who disapparate without a second glance. After that, Lee sullenly left for Diagon Alley to a disappointed set of twins and an uncomfortable couch in the living room. They pushed past Lucy's absence and have managed to stay busy with the shop. The boys were getting ready to open on a stormy Monday in July when a vaguely familiar owl swoops in and drops a medium sized package on the counter in front of Lee. Lee feeds the owl a treat before it leaves and looks down to read the label.
"Guys..." The twins stop messing with merchandise to look over at him. "It's from Lucy."
They drop everything and move to surround the package. Lee tears the wrapping off to reveal a familiar box. Fred and George look at it before looking to Lee for an answer.
"It's the trinket box I got for her for Christmas. I don't know why she sent it back to me. There's no note. I wonder if she put anything in it..." He trails off, working the pieces of the box until it slides open.
Inside are the presents the three had given her and a shrunken jersey. A letter at the top is addressed to him specifically and says to read it immediately.
"Lee,
I sent the box back to you because I knew no one else could open it. Inside are the presents and Fred's jersey. I desperately wanted to keep these items but it wasn't safe for them to remain with me. Malfoy doesn't know of the jersey but the box was its hiding place and he tried to toss it in the fireplace when he found out it was from you. I filled it with the other presents and this letter and decided to send it to you for safe keeping. I'm alright, I promise. Living with Malfoy has been rough so far but I'm surviving. He was sent home suddenly for a few days and I don't know when he's coming back. It's been a relief to say the least. I don't know what's going to happen anymore, but I just wanted to say thank you for everything, in case I don't get the chance to tell you in person.
Tell George that he is awesome and not to blow up the shop before I get to see it, and also to keep you all safe. Tell him I said thank you for everything and no matter what I won't forget the fun times. I'll do my best to try and see you all atleast once before I return to Hogwarts. Tell Fred that I miss him and to stay safe. Oh, and remember when you DRUGGED my drink that day? That last question you asked me, tell him about it, even if you had before. I want you to again, in case I don't get the chance to say it to him myself. I miss you guys so much and I hate that your final year went by and I missed a lot of it. I love you goofballs. See you as soon as possible, I hope.
Love,
Lucille Binx

Ps- I talked to my house elf more and convinced her to tell me all that she knew about my adoption. Apparently I'm from New York in America. They'd found me on the streets there and brought me here."

He looks up from the letter to find Fred holding onto the jersey and looking heart broken. George pats his brother's back lightly before they all jolt from the tense silence and return to opening duties. Lee shoves everything except the jersey, which Fred had taken off with, into the box and puts it under the counter. Lee moves to the door to unlock it and flip the sign but pauses to stare out at the stormy day. Business is probably going to be slow today because of the weather. His eyes lift toward the sign just as a loud crack echoes from outside. A screaming body falls to the pavement with a loud thud before the girl sits up and looks around frantically, her hair flinging drops of rain around in its wake. The small amount of clothing she is wearing is torn and ragged. Lee conjures a towel and rushes out to help her. He drapes the towel over her shoulders and puts his hand out to help her up. She scrambles away from his touch, her hands getting scraped by the cobblestones underneath her. She looks up toward him, her wide eyes covered by a mess of soaked hair. He tries in vain to calm the girl, reassuring her that he wouldn't hurt her, but she doesn't seem to listen, almost like she's in a trance. The door behind him opens and the twins come out to see what's happening. The twins listen to Lee's quick explanation while trying to calm the girl in front of them. Lee moves to take a step closer to her and she thrusts her hand out in an effort to keep him at bay. He stops short and stares at the hand, covered by a black fingerless glove.
"Shit." He says, drawing weird looks from the twins.
"What?"
"We need to get her inside now and off the streets before she draws a crowd."
The twins look down the street and find the streets to be empty, but decide not to question him.
"We are trying to help you. Calm down please. Let's go inside now, it's raining."
The girl shakes her head repeatedly while muttering the word no. A streak of lightning flashes followed by a crack of thunder, causing her to scream and bury her face into her knees.
"Please let us help you inside." George pleads.
She backs away further and George gives up on reasoning, so he rushes over and scoops her up into his arms and takes her into the shop despite her raspy protests. The others follow behind and lock the door behind them and leaving the sign to closed. They'll open later in the day or tomorrow.
Fred and Lee follow George and the girl up the stairs and into their apartment where he places her in a kitchen chair, using his wand to conjure another towel and a blanket for her. She sits there quietly while her body violently shakes almost as if she was seizing. George takes the dry towel and puts it on her head before using it to get some of the water off of her. She slowly stops shaking as much and her breathing slows to almost normal. George crouches down to her level to talk to her and gasps before falling backward. Fred asks what happened and moves toward the girl but Lee holds out his arm to stop him.