I'm Eating, Obviously

Lucy wakes up in her four poster bed at Hogwarts and sighs. It's time to get ready for classes. She retreats quietly to the restroom where she showers and dresses in her uniform. Her hair is no longer purple, she decided to dye it back to dark brown shortly after her return. She misses the length though, but still dries and curls it with her wand. She tucks her wand into her boot and adjusts her skirt before heading down to the common room. At the bottom of the stair case, four boys are waiting for her. The fair haired leader of the group kisses her on the cheek before looping his arm protectively around her waist, leading them all to the Great Hall for breakfast. Wordlessly she follows, ignoring the hand on her and the stares of the curious students around her. No one knows what had happened to her, just that she returned one evening to Hogwarts and hasn't said a word to anyone since. Lee Jordan had tried to talk to her, but she just gave him a blank stare and moved past him, prompting his letter to the twins. Instantly he took note of her malnourished frame, nothing but skin and bone like she had barely eaten in months. He had also noticed during meals, she attended them all now, that she never touched a piece of food or a drink, only sat in silence, staring at the wall. It was almost like she was a robot, going through the motions but not seeing anything.
Malfoy had immediately become attached to her, guiding her everywhere they needed to go and making sure people outside of his circle never got too close to her. No one really questioned it, just noted it with raised eyebrows and questioning looks. No one pictured Lucy Addams, the Slytherin prankster that was glued to the hips of the twins, to be dating Draco Malfoy, their main target. Rumors went around that she is dating him because the twins took off. Another was that her family had pulled her from school because she was being made into a Death Eater and was teamed up with Malfoy. None of which were true, but no one could get close enough to ask otherwise.
Lucy sat down in Double Potions next to her partner, Draco Malfoy. Before Holiday break, she'd argue with Malfoy about everything, causing little spats throughout the period. Now that she's returned, she's silent, instantly obeying whatever he'd say. After class, she allows Malfoy to lead her out of the classroom and toward the next class. A voice behind them causes Malfoy to stop them and turn to face the speaker. It's the infamous Harry Potter and his two friends.
"Why are you with him Lucy? You decide that your friends weren't good enough for you? Let me guess, you've been a filthy Death Eater all along haven't you? Dirty Slytherin." Harry spits, glaring at the girl.
She stays silent while Malfoy scowls. "Leave my fiancée out of this Potter. She's realized who is worth her time and who isn't. So shove off."
"She is a Death Eater then. I knew it."
"She's not a Death Eater, Potter." Malfoy turns them away and starts to walk off.
"Prove it then Malfoy. Show me her arm."
"I don't have to prove anything to you." Malfoy calls over his shoulder as they round the corner.
"You didn't deserve the twins Lucy! You're a piece of garbage for being with this git!"
The words reach Lucy's ears, but she doesn't visibly react to them.
A few weeks later, Lucy is seen walking through the corridors free of Malfoy and his crew. Word spread through the Slytherin table and the other houses that Malfoy was called home for a few days. His group has left her alone for the most part, Blaise Zabini regularly checking on her though. Lee watches her from his spot at the Gryffindor table as she stares at the wall for a few minutes, then leaves the Hall. Harry, Ron and Hermione file out shortly after she does, making Lee wonder what they're doing. He debates on following her, but notices Zabini eyeing him so he chooses not to so she won't get in trouble for his actions. Lucy rounds the corner to head down to the Dungeons when a voice calls out behind her. She ignores it, continuing to walk until a hand grabs her arm and roughly spins her around. Vaguely she realizes that it's Harry who grabbed her, flanked by the youngest Weasley boy and Hermione. She hears Harry yelling at her, something about Malfoy, the twins, Death Eater, and the Dark Mark. She doesn't respond and watches as he roughly yanks up her shirt sleeve. Her skin is fair as porcelain now, almost sickly, and her bones are showing worse than before, but there's no mark marring her skin. He drops her arm, taken aback by the bones of her wrist, and immediately changes tone. He begins to ask her if Malfoy is abusing her and why she isn't eating. She gazes past him before turning back around and walking away.
The next morning, she wakes up before dawn and dresses in a thin t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. It's the weekend, so she has no courses and everyone will be asleep for a while longer. She slips down to the Great Hall, sitting at her old spot at the Slytherin table. She'd had to relocate upon Malfoy's orders. A small selection appears before her and she eyes it for a moment before carefully nibbling on a piece of toast. She hears footsteps entering the room but doesn't move to look. The steps grow closer before someone sits next to her.
"It's good to see you eating again. It's been awhile." She recognizes the voice as Lee's.
She continues to eat in silence before slowly lifting her goblet to take a sip. A few moments later, Lee asks a question.
"What are you doing?"
"I'm eating, obviously." The words spill out of her, her usually melodic voice sounding cracked from being unused.
Her eyes widen in shock, but still refuses to look at him.
"What happened to you?"
"A lot of things, honestly."
"Where did you go over break? Why didn't you come back to Hogwarts until recently?" He asks.
"I went to see the Weasley's, then I left. I opened a studio in Diagon Alley. I didn't come back until someone kidnapped me." She clamps a hand over her mouth, whirling to finally face him.
"I'm sorry Lucy, but you wouldn't talk to me otherwise. I'm worried about you. Why are you with Malfoy? Why won't you speak to anyone? Why won't you eat?"
"I have to be with Malfoy, it was ordered. I was told not to speak. I don't eat because I choose not to." She glares at him.
"Is Malfoy hurting you?"
"If I disobey him."
"Is there any way I could get you out of this?" He asks hopefully.
"Not likely. I was in the process of doing that before I was taken."
"One last question. Are you in love with Fred Weasley?" He grins.
She clamps her hand over her mouth, trying to stop the word from escaping her lips. She raises a certain finger in his direction before blurting out her answer. He smirks and apologizes again before leaving the Hall.