It Burns!

Weeks have gone by and Lucy has settled into the routine of classes. Along with her core classes, she's opted to take Ancient Runes and Muggle Studies. Surprisingly she did have a course with the trio of pranksters, Ancient Runes. The boys found it dreadful but Lucy found it interesting. Over the weeks she's found herself growing closer to Lee and the twins despite their house differences. Malfoy has left her alone as well, but the four of them had played several pranks on him, including stealing his underwear to hang throughout the school with signs announcing they were his, and they may or may not have slipped him several puking pastilles. Someone, cough cough, hit him with a bat-bogey hex earlier in the week during Potions without getting caught. Today is Saturday and Lucy doesn't have classes. She wakes up before dawn and slips out of her bed to make her way quietly to the bathroom. She leaves the shower and dries herself off afterward, dressing in a pair of skinny jeans and a light green wool jumper. After using her wand to dry and loosely curl her hair, she applies a small amount of make up before sneaking back into the room of sleeping girls. Digging through her trunk, she finds a pair of light brown knee high boots and carry them along with her wand down to the common room. At the base of the stairs she pulls her boots on and tucks her wand into the left one. The common room is empty, save for a dark haired first year sleeping on his open textbook. She pulls one of the throw blankets off of a pile in the corner and carefully drapes it over his shoulders before heading down to the Great Hall for breakfast. The Hall is completely empty yet she drifts automatically over to her usual seat at the Slytherin table. A small selection of food appears before her along with a pitcher of cold orange juice and another of steaming coffee. She pours a cup of coffee and drinks it slowly, savoring the bitter flavor. Before the food can disappear, she pulls a small bowl of mixed fruit pieces over to her and eats in silence. It's the most she's eaten since her arrival at Hogwarts. Her meals are usually just a single item every few days, just enough to keep her going really.
On her way to the Gryffindor tower, her thoughts drift back to the nightmare that awoken her earlier that morning. She shakes her head to clear her mind before telling the password to the portrait of the Fat Lady. The boys had given her the password and the other students don't mind her presence since she's teamed up on pranking the most hated Slytherin amongst the other houses. The Fat Lady eyes her warily, still uneasy about allowing a Slytherin to enter Gryffindor, but swings open to let her in. The common room is empty since it's still so early, so she slips unnoticed up the curving staircase to the boys' dormitories. It amuses her that the witches and wizards who created the castle had only bewitched the stairs for the girls' side and not the boys. She passes by the lower year dormitories before stopping in front of the seventh year door. She pushes it open and slips inside. Snores fill the air and she stifles a giggle. Looking around, Lucy finds Fred's bed first, deciding to walk over and poke his forehead repeatedly until he wakes up.
"Bloody hell George, it's early. What do you want?" he mumbles.
"Bloody hell Fred, it's early. What do you want?" She hears from the other side of the room.
She giggles and continues to poke him until his eyes open fully and focuses on her.
"Lucy, what are you doing here? It's five in the morning. Go to sleep."
"I couldn't sleep..."
"Again?"
Lucy nods and he lets out a yawn before scooting backward on the bed and lifting the blanket.
"Go to sleep." He mutters.
"You do realize you're telling me to get into bed with you right?" She asks, raising her eyebrow.
"I'm too tired to think straight or care. Just get in. I'm not going to attack you or anything."
She takes off her boots and slides into bed with him, choosing to stay above the blankets though. It's so much warmer in Gryffindor house compared to the dungeons under the lake, so it's easier for Lucy to get comfortable and drift off into a peaceful sleep.
The sound of voices draws Lucy from her slumber. Her eyes slowly open to find George and Lee staring down at her. She stares at them for a few moments before sleepily asking why they were in the girls' dormitory. The boys laugh at her and explain that she was in their room. Her eyes widen to saucers as she looks around to find it to be true. Memories from the morning return to her and she glances over to find Fred asleep with his arm draped around her waist. She squeaks in surprise before sliding away from him, falling off the bed in the process. They both laugh at her while she scowls up at them. Her fall woke Fred who's now looking around to figure out what happened.
"Why were you and Lucy sharing a bed, dear brother?"
"She woke me up at five in the morning and wouldn't go away. It was the only way to go back to sleep."
"Not like you didn't enjoy it." She retorts. "I'm hungry again. Hurry up and get dressed so I can eat."
The boys all make jokes at Fred and Lucy's expense while they get ready. Lucy ignores them and slides her boots back on and fixes her hair before sitting back on the edge of the bed. She glances up and with a jolt, realizes finally that the boys are all shirtless. Years of Quidditch were very kind to the twins, while Lee was well toned anyway.
"I'm blind!" She squeaks, covering her eyes.
"Aw, Lucy, have you ever seen a shirtless guy?" They tease.
"It burns!" Lucy falls backward onto the bed and kicks her feet dramatically.
"Honestly, Lucy. We play Quidditch, we're not flabby like Lee over here. You know we're irresistible."
The twins walk over and lay down on either side of her, their faces leaning in close to hers. Her face heats up as she stares at both of them for a moment before pushing them away.
"I'm fairly sure I'm scarred for life... I may need to go to St. Mungo's..."
The boys kiss her cheeks before getting up and finishing getting ready.
After breakfast, the four head out onto the grounds to hang out by the lake. Lucy settles against the trunk of one of the oak trees while the boys try to shove each other into the frigid water. Eventually they stop and sit down around her, Fred on one side, George on the other, and Lee in front of them. For a while it's just idle chatter until Fred asks her a serious question.
"Why do you never talk about your family?"
They all turn to her and wait for a response.
"You never ask." She replies simply.
"Well, what are they like?"
"Theodore is a businessman and Annabella is a self-proclaimed socialite. Not much to tell really, just the typical pureblood elitist family." She shrugs.
"Why did you call them by name?" Lee asks with a raised brow.
"Oh. Uh, hey is that the squid?" She asks pointing over at the lake.
They sigh as she dodged another question but move along.
"I'm sure the holidays are good for you, right?"
"I spend them here every year. They go on trips to improve relations between other families. They use owls to deliver my presents."
"You could always come home with us. Mum would love it. Harry and Hermione usually come home with Ron each year." The twins offer.
"Holidays are supposed to be spent with your own family. I like staying here anyway, it's very peaceful."
"You could always come home with me Lucy. We may have to... share a bed." They all turn to Lee who simply winks at her.
"I could very easily push you into the lake my dear. I'm sure the squid is very hungry."
They all laugh and the subject turns from Lucy and onto Umbridge, the worst teacher they've had, even beating out Quirrell who had Voldemort living on the back of his head. Her rules as "High Inquisitor" have gotten worse and more ridiculous by the day. Then it moves on to prefects, most of them okay, like their brother Ron and Hermione, but sadly Pansy and Draco are the prefects for her house.