Sweet Revenge

Lucy's parents come and go a week after her return, filling out the final paperwork for the UK's records and seeing Annabella and Theodore getting arrested for what turns out to be over twenty cases of kidnapping and selling children. Lucy was able to remove the remainder of her belongings from the estate before it was closed up. The Malfoys were informed of the ending of the engagement through a letter sent by Lucy herself, who so kindly told Draco what he could do to himself. Fred, George, Lee, and of course Mrs. Weasley had to meet her parents under Marianne's wishes. The parental meeting went wonderfully, Marianne and Molly getting along easily by chatting about cooking and cleaning. The men spent most of the time debating the functions of a rubber duck. Dinner with the trio was another matter entirely.
Dinner took place at the apartment, where Lucy had wrangled the twins into deep cleaning the entire place while Lee was sent to gather groceries for the meal. Lucy, in the meantime, maneuvered their new dining room table into the correct position before cooking with what she had on hand. That was the easy part. Getting the boys calmed down and dressed in something decent was exhausting for Lucy, who still had to get ready herself. She greeted her parents in front of the shop before leading through a quick tour of the store and taking them upstairs. Dereck greeted them warmly while Marianne looked them over cautiously. The boys did their best to stay polite and serious, but it had lasted for only ten minutes. Marianne warmed up to them surprisingly well after that, finding their genuine personalities to be better suited than their facades. She questioned them, naturally. It was the typical questions, 'will you take care of my daughter', 'do I have reason to not trust you', 'what are your intentions', things of that nature. Their responses satisfied her concerns but she'd directed more questions toward Fred since he had Lucy's eye. Her parents had to leave shortly after to return to New York, so she walked them out while her mother rambled her thoughts on the evening. Lucy hugged both of them and promised to write often. Her mother hugged her again and quietly whispered in her ear that she thought she picked wonderful young men to associate with and that they were all very attractive. Afterward, she'd had to recap the conversation to the boys who teased her for a week.

======
A/N: This is the end of part 1. Part 2 will be posted as soon as I can. It is INCOMPLETE, so bear with me if it suddenly stops. Drop a rate/comment/message and let me know your thoughts! Also, feel free to send me requests, no lemons!