Chapter XIV: Like Mother, Like Daughter

A/N I would like to give shout outs to you readers so please comment and vote, and I'll select a couple of people each time 🧡

The elders gasped at the sight of the cup, along with many others. "Child you are just like your mother. You are fated to be alpha and to be luna to a powerful pack." One of the female elders spoke.

Everyone cheered in the crowd.

"We will go for a run together under the light of the full moon, now that we are a full pack completed with an alpha." The crowd clapped, murmuring in anticipation amongst themselves.

"But first I would like to discuss things privately with our new alpha. Come this way Isla, we have much to discuss" Matías pulled her away from the crowd into a little hut.

"Do you know who your mate is?" Matías questioned.

"Yes, Alpha Xavier Black of the Shadow Pack."
Matías let out a small gasp, anger slightly appearing as his forehead creased.

"He hasn't accepted me...yet" Her cheeks heated up, it was unusual for mates to not accept each other straight away.

"Isla, that pack was cursed by a dark witch. Her name is Erikah." This time she let out a gasp.

There's that name again, she thought back to the time Dr Wilson had stated the name.

"Who is she and what did she do?"

"We have no idea to what the curse is to its full extent, but it was her that killed alpha Xavier's father and she pretended to be Xavier's mate. I have no idea what the side effects are to a curse that is as dark and powerful. Have you never heard any of this before?"

She shook her head to state that she didn't, "I haven't heard much at all. Her name was mentioned before I left to set out and find the travelling pack. My blood shown my fathers name on the corner of a piece of paper. Is my father still alive?" She asked with doubt but hopefulness filing in her eyes.

"Uhh, he um.." he hesitated and paused as he shuffled for words, "I'm sorry Isla, but your father is not alive any longer. The Rogue king killed him a few years back."  At his words she felt her heart shatter into many pieces.

My father was alive the whole time I was alone. A child trying to survive in the harsh world of beasts, this revelation hurt more than not being accepted by my own mate. The thought of it all caused an aching pain to fill her heart.

"What about my mother?" She asked.

"She uh..." Matías stumbled once again.

She knew what his next words would be. She would be dead too. "She died during child birth when the attack happened."

Once again She felt more pain, but at least her father would be happier now. His soul would've been broken with his mate being dead, especially thinking both of his pups were dead too. If only he knew she was alive.

"I'm sorry for having to tell you all of this Isla, this night is meant to be celebratory not depressing you or pushing you into what I would assume would be a second grieving for your lost parents."

"The coding?"

"My father passed down the decryption to me once he believed that I was capable enough to be the next true warrior commander to the White Crescent pack."

"Oh, okay then." She looked around the hut, feeling bored, the first of her grieving coming into play as her mind pushed itself into a dark corner.

"Now then, we promised to have a run as a pack, I think your wolf would really appreciate getting to know her wolves, especially the females. I want you to take precaution around the unmated males too. Just like alpha males having women throw themselves at them, male wolves are similar in comparison to that when it comes to alpha females. Everyone wants to be able to procreate the strongest pups and hold some sort of power in the pack." Matías placed a hand on her back to escort her.