Chapter XX: Earthquake

A/N: not edited
This chapter is dedicated to Alikesbook thank you for adding Alpha Xavier to your reading list!

Remember if you want a dedication, please do one or more of the following: vote, comment, add to a reading list and/or follow me. 🧡

Sorry for the late update, I normally like to post Wednesday night, however this week has been tough filled with bad migraines and University cramming.

What's the worst migraine or headache you've ever experienced? My answer will be at the bottom but I want to hear other people's stories too.

If a lot of wolves died today she'd blame herself.

That rogues words filled her mind: "he's coming to get you number 25."

She was what he wanted.
.................
With the females running and many rogues following them, they ran back to the pack house.

Isla saw Xavier come through a window, the glass shattering like glittering pixie dust mixed with thicker shards. He was shifting in mid-air, before landing on his 4 paws. It wasn't easy to do, not all wolves could shift so swiftly and timelessly. They had to train themselves to shift faster by continuing to shift over and over again.

At this moment the alpha was in a rage, his eyes were obsidian as he smelt the thick pungent smell of rogues mixed with blood. He felt a feeling that taunted him, the strange connection he felt towards Isla was tightening and restricting at his chest, he was ensure by the feeling but it fuelled his wolf as he clawed through the mass of wolves. His sight was fully aware of all of his surroundings and his nose heightened as his wolf quickly analysed the wolves the last surrounded him. He saw her near the forestry lining. She was protecting some of the weaker she wolves. Tearing through pieces of rogues along with her head female warrior.

He knew it was a bad idea to let her go for a run, but at the same time she was an alpha of her own pack and he couldn't take away her title and the privileges of being an alpha leading their pack. He wanted to give her the respect she deserved after mistreating her and the assumptions he made.

Xavier continued to tear through the wolves, along with Isla. Xavier was jumped by 4 wolves that tried to bite his legs, his front leg cracking under the pressure of one of the wolves, the wolf dying as Xavier tore at their neck with his teeth, meanwhile, one of the four wolves came along and jumped on his back, riding him like a cowboy on a bull. Isla met him halfway and tackled the wolf in her human form. Before shifting back to her wolf form.

Isla was kicked off of the male rogue, as they twirled each other and analysed the threat. The rogue came in for the kill fast like a fired bullet.

Isla dodged slow, as other injuries began to wear her down a little. Gosh she was thirsty for a cold glass of water, and this ruined her mood further. He tore a chunk off her right front of the wolf's shoulder. Isla's wolf whined, it was then Isla knew her arm hadn't healed properly. The ligaments not aligned to where they should be.

Xavier was stunned by the action of the naked woman. Normally wolves stayed in their wolf forms as it was their war form and protected the most vulnerable parts that the human body has on display. Other wolves in Isla's pack shifted into human form as they rested above in the trees, Xavier growled at the sight of the naked men and rolled his eyes as one of them winked. Isla's wolf let out a wolfy chuckle that sounded close to a sneeze.

Xavier nudged Isla with his butt causing her to glare at him before returning to the wolf she held onto the floor. The hybrids were in human form to use there powers. He realised they couldn't use them in wolf form. Just like how it was taboo for werewolves to partially shift. The only time it occurs is when there is turmoil between the wolf and the human. Which was frowned upon, and was the reason for his pack questioning his ability as an alpha.