Chapter XXIII: The Silvermoon Pack

A/N: not edited. 2 chapters in 1 day whoop whoop.
Enjoy

There was a few days left until Isla's heat. The two alphas, would make eye contact before smiling, the pack noticed the warmer atmosphere as the 2 began to accept the mate bond. Hope was surging through the pack as they felt they were no longer cursed by the dark witch.

At the beginning the two packs had segregated themselves, but today, a month later they were beginning to merge themselves. The oppression against hybrids was slowly breaking as they realised how vital they were too. That they too had a meaningful reason to be part of this life and a role to play. Although they began to merge there was still some wolves and hybrids that kept to themselves and stayed away.

But that could possibly change over time.

Multiple times Isla had gone into Xavier's office to see how he wad doing, and to be able to have a moment alone where they would hold each other and kiss.

Isla was propped onto the desk, her legs wrapped around her mate as he bent down and rested his hands and weight on either side of her. They were breathless from each other's lips, but they were content. Until the phone ran.

"I'm sorry but it's not everyday this phone rings which means something must have happened at another pack." He answered the phone.

Isla told him it was okay and that she understood. Her father had something similar to that. She felt her heart ache a little at the thought of her parents.

She looked around, noticing that the office was bland, but held one photo. That rested on a book shelf. It rested on a top section of the shelf. Isla reached for it on her tip toes, but she couldn't reach it. She heard Xavier's tone change which caused her to turn on her heel and face him.

"What do you mean there are deaths of humans on your land?" Xavier grounded out.

Isla listened in, but tried to keep herself looking preoccupied as if she wasn't paying attention. She flicked through the papers on the desk, some of which needed an alphas signature, some of them even having a Luna signature spot, which one day would mean she would be signing papers along side her mate.

Her ears tuned into the conversation more when she heard something interesting.

"Xavier, there's been a supernatural creature that's been purposefully killing humans on my land. I think they're trying to set me up or one of my pack members but we cannot risk that. A werewolf cannot be contained in a holding cell in a city for a long period of time without their wolf going insane. There is federal agents that are snooping around my territory." A deep voice stressed over the line.

"Nathan, I need you to calm down, your wolf is trying to take control. Is my sister okay?" Xavier's voice was neutral with a hint of concern lacing the sound waves.

"Yes she is okay, the federal agents haven't gone near that direction thankfully. I'm keeping all my pregnant females and their mates at a distance. We can't have any humans seeing their supernatural pregnancy." He continued.

A werewolf pregnancy was only 6 months in length. The three trimesters consisting of only 2 months each. Federal agents could hang around for a long period of time until they solve a crime, which could risk the exposure of the werewolf and supernatural world.

Underneath papers she saw him writing down an alphabet, along with past notes that have the encryption's she decrypted. She smiled at the sight that he was trying to complete it whilst doing work. She saw that he was half way done which had her a little embarrassed over her letter.