Chapter XVII: The Twelfth Night

This chapter is dedicated to jackie9393 who added this story to her reading list: I hope you all enjoy this chapter that is over 3000words, I am really excited for you all to read this. I was going to post on Wednesday but just couldn't wait. Thank you readers that are supporting me and my writing!

She felt proud of herself for the deal that she displayed to Xavier. She wanted him to see that he had the final choice on whether they could be the mates the goddess wanted them to be, She didn't give him the choice of the deal though. It was more of a statement, the only control that she would have.

12 days later:

She walked down the stairs, one of the steps always creaking when stepped on. The loud eerie noise filling every werewolf's ears that are around.

Most of the time that went by after being marked, She left her hair down, unlike now however, She had her hair tied up in a high ponytail as she got ready to stretch her limbs before training with her pack. The mark on her neck was no longer an angry red but was left with the mark of his canines that would permeate his smell to any males who dared to try and get a whiff of this female. She rarely saw her male, but she had those days where she could feel his stare through the window of his office.

"Alright my fellow pack men and women. How are we today." She let her voice rise louder at the open field.

Kelly was in the third line on the right, excited as ever to train alongside her pack members. She was getting along with other females her age, they would whisper and gossip, cracking up with laughter before shushing each other to stay quiet. They'd laugh again shortly after that and would always apologise to her, however, an apology wasn't needed. She was happy if her pack was happy

"Good, Alpha!" They said in unison.

"Alrighty, I'm glad you are all feeling good because today I want to test your limits, this is another evaluation week. Remember don't feel disappointed if you don't go well, but I want everyone to know their strengths and their weaknesses. I'll be having our head warrior Matías assess my skills this time round as well, so you are not alone in this. I want us all to try our best, to breathe when under pressure and to motivate yourself to do better." She informed her pack.

A few of them were nervous but majority of the nervous wolves felt relaxed when she had ensured them that she was going to be tested too.

"First we will work in pairs. Then we will move onto magic for those whom have it and we will shift into our wolf forms when the bell rings. Matías will be recording everything down. We will relax for some time afterwards, but at the end of this evaluation week, I would like to go hunting with you all just like we used to before coming here." They all cheered when she said hunting, she could hear their wolves howling for the taste of a fresh kill. They were ecstatic to be let out into the wild.
..............

This would be Kelly's first. Isla wanted to see how far Kelly had come and whether the training provided by Xavier was good enough.

She was fidgeting and sweating along her palms and the creases on her forehead. Isla hoped she was ready for this. Her training was exhausting that you had to be resilient, but she was unsure whether or not Kelly's ability was enough to be able to keep up with the rest of them.

Kelly got into one of the rings that they had created along with Wilma. They were the same age and body weight, although Kelly was slightly smaller in height.