1

O N E

My hands were bound in shackles. Painfully placed behind my back in an uncomfortable manner. Restricting any sharp or riled acts of movement. The aging metal freckled with copper digging into my wound laced flesh. Tearing at the severed scars. Groaning in agony from the discomfort of it all, I held my head back against the wall. The fact that the cobblestone walls were covered in slim layers of residue and moss growing over the past years not bothering me as much as it normally would. For my body has been cakes in nothing but dirt for more than just a few weeks. Maybe a month. I couldn't exactly recall. Which was extremely sad, yet true.

This hasn't been my first time being held captive in these holding cells. Hell, you'd think after the second I'd learn my lesson... but clearly I have yet to do so. Time after time I'd find myself being forced to reside here. Chained to a wall and locked in a cell like some animal. Lashed and beaten close to death. My wounds were never life threatening, but oh how I wish that they were. Every night, as I listen to the loud wails of an innocent (tainted) soul being tortured or taken advantage of; I'd wish to the gods and goddesses above for a way out of all of this. Whether it be some unsaid miracle, death, or the intentional taking of my own life. No one deserved to go through this. To be whipped for accidently tripping over your own to feet; or stripped of your innocence by force.

What only seemed to be like nothing but plain, pure torture to us; could only be seen as pleasure to them. A sick and twisted thrill. They reveled in our cries. Bathed in our tears.

It was very clear they had no remorse for how we felt. They were like beasts. With a heart of pure ice. Thriving off of the destruction and death they caused.

They kill.

They seduce.

They exploit.

They capture.

They feed.

They imprison.

"They" were vampires. Ruthless supernatural creatures that preyed upon the living and the weak in order to satisfy their drive for blood.

I was eleven when they first stumbled upon our small quaint town, Presley. They didn't full on attack like everyone suspected, so no one saw them as a potential threat. Due to the set curfew that was annonuced by the mayor himself, everyone was expected to be indoors by six. Before the sunset. Of course this new found rule had put everyone at ease, but that didn't stop a few suspected murders every now and again. The body count only seeming to rise as more and more vampires started to settle in.

Pretty soon everyone started to accept the fact that we were overpowered. We were weak, vulnearable; and they say this as an advantage. Using it against us, they took everyone out one by one. Only keeping those that they found intriguing enough, or saw as useful help.

It was hard. Going through the distraught torture of being ripped away from the arms of your parents at such a young age. With no idea as to what could possible happen to you. It was absouloutly terrifying. But seeing the both of them be ripped to nothing, staring into their once joy filled eyes as they lay there lifeless and soulless... was gruesome. Mind scaring.

It was a memory that would forever be engraved into my mind. A nightmare that I may never have the strength to overcome.

I was so useless. Standing there in shock, my body pulsing with fear as I watched them kill both my mother and father in cold blood. Physically I was there... but I was incapable of moving. Trapped inside of a shell. Standing there on the outside looking in.

The last and only good remembrance that I have of both my parents is the soft, buttery sound of their voices. Both whispering "We love you." before taking their last and final breath. My mother and father were the only family I had left in this small town of Presley. So for them to be ripped away from me in the span of just one day... it really overwhelmed me. Affecting me emotionally.