4

F O U R

"Are you sure that your okay?" Mischa asked. Her joy filled blue eyes swarming with concern as she placed a frail hand upon my shoulder.

After leaving the office of Mr. Petrovic I easily found my way back to the kitchen. Nicely brushing off Mischas' questions of concern as to why I took so long. My... encounter with Mr. Petrovic was of no secret, and I could easily share it with her if I wished. But I simply felt as if I shouldn't. Yes it was creepy but it wasn't exactly a main concern of mine at the moment, not as much as that inhuman growl was. It was highly frightening... and it nearly made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end; but for some odd reason a part of me felt as if it were meant as a call for help. It was laced with so much power, destruction, and hurt behind it. I could distinctly remember the sound of it getting louder and louder as I walked... or more like ran away. Putting as much distance as I can between me and that door.

"Mischa. Could I ask you something?" Currently we were in the laundry room. Which just as every other room in the house, was very spacious.

Picking up a sheet from the basket, she nodded her head. Neatly folding the thin fabric as she placed it into what looked to be some sort of storage cabinet. "Ask away."

Wringing my hands together, I placed them onto my lap. "While in search of Mr. Petrovics' office I happened to stumble into a hall. It was completely made off stone, there was this door, and this animalistic growl-..."

As I mentioned this I could see Mischa visibly tense. Her eyes widening with an unknown emotion. "Oh no. Please tell me you didn't open that door." Her voice was full of panic.

Frowning, I looked at her in suspicion. "It was locked." I mumbled. "What's behind that door?" I pressed.

Moving around the table, Mischa stood in front of me. Placing her hands upon my own. "Ellanore, you must never speak of this to anyone. If Mr. Raphael heard talk of you being in that hall, or even a hair length close to that door... God only knows what he'll do to you."

"Is there-..."

"I can't tell you anything. It's not my place. So, please. Just leave it alone." Her response was sharp. Leaving no room for any arguments as she retreated back to folding up the sheets.

From then on out, we both sat in silence. Like Mischa had requested I said no more about the subject at hand. Though of course that didn't stop my mind from reeling in all these outrageous possibilities as to what was behind that door. Seeing that vampires existed, I wouldn't be quiet surprised if it were some man eating creature that preyed on the weak among the depths of the night.

"It's nearing dinner time. We must go to the kitchen and help the others set up."

Pushing myself up from the little plush chair, I quietly followed Mischa down the many endless halls. Making no comment upon her required cooking skills. From what Mr. Petrovic said himself, I could only guess that she was not one for preparing meals. As was I. I was never taught the proper acquires of cooking. Which is why I was a little worried when Mischa first mentioned that making meals would be one of our main duties.

As we ascended into the kitchen I was immediately hit with a fascinating smell. Celia and her twin sister Alice were bustling about. Their chestnut brown hair flying behind them in the wave of a curtain as they did.

I briefly heard Mischa mention a thing or two about the twins but this is my first time seeing them.

"Alice, Celia, do you both need help with anything?" Mischa questioned.

"No." They chorused.

"Oh." Pouting, Mischa ran her hands down the length of her gown. "Well I suppose I could start on setting the table then." Moving to a set of cupboards she pulled out a fine set of china. Gently placing the fragile glass onto a cart assembled with a set of wheels.