10

Not sure how I feel about this chapter.

T E N

"You know you're lucky they didn't pounce on you back there." Looking through the first aid kit, Marty grabbed some gauze. "Have more self control then I thought." He mumbled. Unraveling the gauze he then wrapped it around my wounded hand.

After countless times of me having to apologize for breaking some of Martys' merchandise; and Mrs. Lucilla practically having to drag Vail out with the help of Talon. Who was extremely pissed off that I ruined her shoes... Marty decided that it'd be best to help me clean myself up. He was kind enough to stitch up the gash on my hand and clean out my cuts.

Looking over my bandaged hand and band aid covered kneecaps, I sighed. "Thank you for helping me... and for the gown." Marty was also kind enough to lend me a new gown. Replacing the one that I was clumsy enough to ruin. It was a burgundy color with a lace bodice. I felt terrible taking it without some kind of payment but Marty assured me that it was fine.

"It's no problem." Smiling, Marty turned to place the first aid kit back into the cabinet he got it from. Then grabbing any tissues that had blood on it, and my gown; he threw it in the trash bin. Pouring a thin layer of alcohol over it to burn out the smell.

At this moment Mrs. Lucilla came back prancing into the small boutique. A curl slipping from her perfectly styled bun. Cheeks flushed. "Oh Ellanore, are you okay?" Her eyes were full of worry as they gazed over my tended wounds.

"I'm fine." I replied. My hand would take sometime to heal but my cuts and scratches were nothing compared to what could have happened. Vail and Talon looked as if they wanted to take my head clean off. Their eyes full of bloodlust and hunger.

Looking over me once more Mrs. Lucilla shook her head. "We should get going." Grabbing her purse, she then turned to Marty and thanked him for his services. Promising her return in days time to check on the progress of the gown.

It wasn't till we stepped foot out of the boutique did I feel nervous. My palms were sweating, my hands aching. Eyes were watching us just as we had come. But this time they were trained on my bandages. Solely on the blood that slowly began to bleed through. I could tell that they were all fighting an internal battle, but upon seeing Mrs. Lucilla no one bothered to make not even a sound.

It was in this moment when I much preferred staying in the confinement of the Petrovics' home rather then out in the open. Vulnerable and defenseless.

***

"Oh, what happened?" Dropping the ladle in the pot of brewing stew, Celia bounded towards me in a rush. Along with her sister Alice. "Your gone for no more than an hour and this happens." Shaking her head, Celia turned my hand over. Her eyes glued to the bandage that rest there.

"It was just an accident." Waving off their looks of concern, I held my hand against my chest. "I was just being clumsy is all." And snooping, though I purposely left that out. "Mrs. Lucillas' friend Marty helped me clean up."

"You went to see Marty?" Looking to me Alice awaited my answer. Her eyes wide and luminous.

"Uhm yes..." My voice wavered with hesitation. I didn't know at the moment, but now I figured this is what Celia warned me about. "She was purchasing a gown, said something about a sundown ritual." I paid it no mind then, but now my mind was reeling with curiosity.