7

S E V E N

The silence was killing me. It was unnerving.

It's nearly been five minutes since Celia left me alone with Darius and not once has he bothered to say one word. He just stood there. Hands stuffed in the depths of his jean pockets, eyes boring a hole into my head. I questioned myself why he was here. But then the incident during dinner would replay in my head over and over. Retaliation. To threaten me maybe. Darius was a big boy. I'm sure that whatever order Mr. Petrovic bestowed upon him just goes in one ear and out of the other.

"I'm a reasonable man." His rugged voice cut through the tension like a knife.. "But..." Pulling his hands out of his pockets he gradually ran his fingers over the slight stubble growing along his chin and jawbone. "...I don't take so lightly to disrespect. Especially if it's coming from someone beneath me." He mumbled. Opening my mouth to act in some sort of way against what Darius had said, for it was highly rude; I closed it just as fast as he held his hand up. "You're new here. So I'll let you off with a warning. My father has requested that you stay alive after all." Breathing out a sigh of relief, I smiled. Though that smile was short lived as he smirked.

It wasn't the usual smirk. You know he one that someone throws at you in a cocky or conceited kind of way. No. This smirk was malicious... and devious. Chilling to the bone.

Before I could even register or comprehend what was going on, Darius lunged towards me with no hesitation. Catching me by utter surprise as he pinned me down to the bed. Bounding my arms above me head with one hand while casually placing the other upon my cheek. Running the brass of his knuckles upon my cheek, his touch was soft. Light as a feather, yet rough as sandpaper. His had trailed along the path of my jawline. Slowly slipping to my neck, stopping just at the base. "Just because I'm letting you off with a warning doesn't mean I'm not going to leave you with something to remember this little encounter."

Smirking he slowly leaned in closer. Tracing his nose along my cheek before coming to a rest at my neck. I could feel his breaths jumping off of my skin. His hand keeping my in place so that I couldn't move.

I couldn't register the pain at first, but once I came to the conclusion of reality... it seemed as if it were slowly traveling throughout my whole body. It was excruciating. My body felt as if it were burning from the inside out. My neck was throbbing, searing from the pain.

I could gradually feel myself losing consciousness. My vision blurred by black dots of darkness.

It didn't take long before it consumed me completely. The pain becoming too much for my body to handle.

Darius being the last one I see. With my blood messily dripping from the corner of his mouth.

***

Waking up slightly frantic, I placed my hand upon my chest. My eyebrows knitting together in a frown as my heart heavily pounded against the palm of my hand. It was just a nightmare. A horrid nightmare. Of my parents. Their soulless eyes making me shiver in fright as I recollected the events that took part that day. Reliving the life changing moment as if it were happening all over again.

Everyday I'd think of them. Of my parents. Not a day goes by that I don't. But it's been quite a while since I've had any nightmares involving them. Though I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Darius. He who was coldhearted and just as selfish as the rest.

Unconsciously brushing the tip my fingers against my neck just at the thought of him, my neck in which he sank his teeth into, I frowned. Unfortunately I've experienced the agony of being bitten by a vampire. Having to suffer through the aching sensation that came along with it. The feeling of burning from the inside out. It was horrible... yet as I leisurely ran my hands over my neck... I felt absolutely nothing.