34

BEAU

    "So what's the plan?"

   Sitting back in my chair, I briefly looked away from the papers in my hands and towards Cane. It was currently two in the morning, but I couldn't sleep. Having an unknown trespasser on my land made me restless, and not exactly knowing how she found our home made me enraged. I could sense that everyone was uneasy with her presence being here, but I couldn't just kill her... for more reasons than one.

"Don't worry about that situation, I'll handle it on my own." Cane had every right to question me, being my second in command, but lately I've been questioning his decisions. He doesn't think, he just lashes out and for the greater good of my pack I couldn't let his rash thinking destroy everything that our generations have built.

"It's been two days Beau... how much longer are you going to hold her here. She's already one of them, she has no purpose for us."

Frowning, I set my paperwork on my desk. "Tread wisely with what you're trying to say right now Cane."

Scoffing Cane looked away for a moment. The action was a sign of disrespect, but giving him the benefit of doubt I let it pass. "Look I know you don't want to cause problems between you and Ellanore by not killing her only friend, but we can't forget where she came from. She was once living under their roof."

   "We also can't forget how she got here. You're the one that decided to take her fate into your own hands and change her." I lowly growled. Cane knew better then to question the loyalty of his Luna, my mate. Yet he still fixed his mouth to do so. Ellanore may have been close to our enemy once before, but since first laying eyes on her I haven't once questioned her loyalty to me or my pack. It's just first nature for an Alpha and a Luna to take charge and put the well-being of those in their pack above their own.

   "I changed her to save you! We needed someone on the inside and she was the only option."

   Clenching my hands, I roughly banged my fist against my desk causing it to shatter under the force of my strength. I was slowly starting to lose my temper with Cane, and his blatant disrespect for his Luna. I didn't like to be challenged and right now, Cane was testing my patience. "Get out." The last thing I wanted to do was fight Cane. That would only add more problems onto my plate.

"Beau all I'm saying is that-..."

"Get. Out." My voice was eerily low as the growl rumbled through my chest. My wolf was slowly starting to surface, commanding that his second in command submit. Cane has went against my word more times than I'd like tonight, he'd be wise not to say anything else. The last thing he wanted to do was challenge me.

   "Beau?" Ellanore's voice was low and soft as she slowly stepped into my office. Her eyes moving between both Cane and I, before settling on the splintered wood that was once my desk. "Is everything okay?" Her eyes were narrowed on Cane as she asked this but I knew that her question was directed towards me.

"Everything's fine. Cane was just leaving."

Sighing, Cane shook his head in defeat. "Beau just think about what I said. Something has to be done, and it should happen soon." With that being said Cane left my office, leaving Ellanore and I alone.

   "Were you two talking about Celia?" Kneeling down, Ellanore gathered all of my papers that were scattered on the ground before placing them on the bookshelf.

"We were. But it's nothing you need to concern yourself with. I have everything under control." I understand Ellanores concern for her friend, I also understood how she was feeling, but I didn't want her getting involved. I tried my best to keep her informed but I also tried not to say too much.