30

B E A U

"You're thinking too hard." I said, shaking my head. "You can't force it to happen. That'll only make it worse. You just have to concentrate and try to connect with your Wolf. She'll take over from there." I explained for the third time. I knew that offering my assistance to help Ellanore was a stretch, considering the connection that I had with her. I've fought the urge for hours now to just give up and consider having her train with the other newbies.

Training her would be less difficult if she were born with the gene of becoming a wolf, but she wasn't. Being bitten, it's hard to form that connection needed to shift forms. It's exactly why I enforced the rule of having no outsiders bond with the pack. A rule that over the years I've taken very seriously with no exceptions until her. I couldn't force myself to give up, no matter how frustrating things got.

"I've been trying for the past three hours. Nothing's changed." Ellanore said. Her face scrunching together as she crossed her arms over her chest. Making it more than obvious that she as well was annoyed.

"Let's just call it a day. We'll try again tomorrow." She didn't like that idea. I could tell from the look on her face and the grumbling. But hell I didn't either. Training was not on my agenda, amongst all the work and meetings that I had to catch up on, but I've made time out of my schedule just for her. "Go back to the house and freshen up. I'll have Ms. Newell make you some lunch." I directed towards Ellanore watching as Cane and a few other men emerged from the tree lines and onto the field.

Cane didn't like the idea of Ellanore staying in the pack house, said she couldn't be trusted after making the decision to not undermine her loyalty to Raphael more than she already has. Of course I reminded him of the fact, had he forgotten, that he as well could not be trusted at the moment. He's the reason we're in this predicament in the first place. Changing people outside of our pack. Making decisions based off of impulse and anger rather than thinking things through. He was my second hand man in ranking and he failed to act like so in my absence.

"Are you joining us for training today?" With his arms folded over his chest, Cane patiently waited for everyone to form rows of five and wait for instructions on what to do next. Normally I would be the one to train our young men on combat and skills of survival, but seeing as I was swamped with paperwork I had no choice but to pass that duty on to Cane.

"Not today. I have to make a few phone calls and I have a meeting with Constance this afternoon."

"Alpha Constance?" I could tell that Cane was confused as to why I would be having a meeting with Constance considering his homeland is miles away from the war brewing within our own. But word has spread around of Raphael and the councils secrecy. Their attempts to conduct experiments and use our kind as if we were lab rats. It's happened to me along with a few others. They've taken no more than a sample of my blood and caged me till I was weak of strength... but I had a feeling that was only the beginning.

"Everyone's on edge. It's clear that the boundaries between us has been broken and I will not risk letting them get the best of me again. Constance has agreed to let some of his nobel warriors train with us and if matters come down to it, fight by our side."

"Our men are highly equipped to handle themselves in battle. I don't think we need help from Alpha Constance. What little help he offers to give."

"You'd think ranking as beta and second hand in command you'd be a little appreciative of the help he's willing to give us considering our past history." I firmly stated, shaking my head in disappointment. Cane and Alpha Constance have their own reasons for the problems that they shared. But in no way whatsoever was I going to let that come between me and the greater good of my pack. Cane knew that, and with Alpha Constance being in the same position of power as I, you think he'd know that as well.