26

T W E N T Y - S I X

E L L A N O R E

"What are you doing here?" I questioned. My face was most likely scrunched into a glare, my eyes narrowed. Being in the presence of Cane did nothing but make my blood boil with so much rage and frustration. I felt like a ticking time bomb with how angry I was.

"I'm here to make sure you follow up on what I have planned." Looking around my room, Cane stuffed his hands in his pocket and pulled out a small syringe filled with a small dose of metallic liquid. The stench was so strong it made my stomach turn and feel queasy.

"What do you need me to do?" I questioned, despite already knowing the answer.

Smirking Cane slowly stepped closer towards my bed. His strides long and slow as if he were stalking a helpless animal. "You just worry about finding our Alpha and once your wolf takes over I'll take care of the rest."

Frowning I opened my mouth to question him about what he meant by that. But as always when it came to Cane and his wicked ways, I didn't get the chance to. For my body was overcame with pain as he stabbed that syringe into my thigh. The pain didn't register at first but once it did it seemed to spread through my body like a wildfire. The pain was excruciating. It was so excessive that my body began to jerk and my bones began to break. I thought that I would have to undergo the horrible transformation that I did the first time this happened, but just as quick as that pain was to come... it left. My bones were set back in place and my skin no longer felt as if it were crawling.

I could tell by the astonished look on Canes face that he expected me too be in more pain. Maybe even with go the change again, but clearly whatever plan he had set before arriving here has already failed him.

"Your wolf is defying my orders." His statement was more of a slight mumble as his eyes danced over my frame. A glare overtaking his neutral features. He was a man of power and he wasn't too found of disobedience.

"I know where he is. I just need time." I mumbled after a moment of silence. I knew that this "alpha" that Cane was talking about had to be behind that sealed door that I came across upon the first week of my arrival. And I knew that without a doubt I'd be able to get him out.

"Time. This needs to happen and it needs to happen now." Cane hissed. "There's a spell casted upon this house. It's not strong but it'll hold long enough for him to get far away from here and onto our territory. This chance may never come again."

Biting my lip, I briefly glanced towards the door as if I were expecting Mischa or Celia to rush in here at any moment. I didn't want to do this, I didn't want to help Cane. But I also couldn't deny the underlying loyalty that I suddenly consumed for this man. It was as if I just couldn't tell him no.

"Fine. I'll do it."

Smirking Cane nodded his head as if to say "okay". His eyes piercing through me like a knife. "Now I'm sure he'll be weaker due to the circumstances. So you'll have to help him as much as you can. Don't blow this chance Ellanore. We'll most likely never get one like it again."

With that being said, Cane was gone before I could even blink my eyes. It felt like I could breathe again as i filled in what felt like collapsed lungs with some much needed air, slowly letting it all out in a heavy sigh. His presence was so overwhelmingly intimidating.

"Alright Ellanore. You can do this." I found myself mumbling. Despite being consumed with shocked nerves. I willed myself to get out of bed. Slowly dragging my bare feet along the floor as I stepped out into the hall. Everyone was sound asleep. Unaware that there had been an intruder in their home. Unaware of the major chaos that I was clearly going to cause them.

I wanted nothing more then to crawl back in bed and forget all about Cane and his unannounced visit. But it was like my feet had a mind of their own as I quietly trudged my way through through the silent halls. Stopping so often at the sound of even a small creak. I know that Cane mentioned something of a spell being casted over the house long enough for me to find his friend, but I was still paranoid.

I had no idea where that sealed door was, nor did I remember how to get there. But in less then five minutes of roaming those halls that seemed to conjure up a maze, I found myself surrounded by walls of stone and dimly lit candles. It were as if I was in some sort of trance, an outter body kind of experience. One minute I was standing there pondering over how to get on the other side of that door and the next I'm standing over some man hunched over and chained to the wall.

I started to get anxious as I kneeled down to my knees. My heart beating like crazy as if it were going to burst right out of my chest. With shaking hands I tugged on the chains that bound his hands together. Ignoring the burning sensation that seemed to make my skin tingle. I then did the same to the silver collar around his neck.

He didn't move, not even a flinch. For a moment I started to worry and hope that this man wasn't dead. Reasons beyond my own of knowing. I knew that if he were Cane would have my head. That fear alone was enough to have me snap out of my trance of doubts.

"We don't have much time. We have to leave." I rushed. Standing to my feet I grabbed the man by his hand, but just as I did I found myself dropping it just as fast. Pulling my hand against my chest I stumbled back and frowned. I felt as if there were electric bolts racing through my body. And not ones of pleasure, but searing pain.

I could tell that he felt it as well, from the inhuman growl that erupted within him to the fair glow of his odd golden orbs.

I've awaken something within this man, something that the Petrovics have tried so hard to imprison. And though I don't know of it now, something within myself was telling me that I'd soon find out the power of which he held. And the hatred of which his cold heart contained.