Chapter 16

Erin’s POV

The tournament went by in a blur.  I hardly paid any attention and we soon won.  The moment I thought would be the happiest moment of my life was hurting me more than anything.  I the past week Josh had called me 105 times.  Not to mention how many times he called Austin trying to get a hold of me.  Shane realized I was really sad so he left me alone.  So now was the night I promised Austin I would go out and party but all I really wanted to do was crawl into the bed and wait the morning in which I would get back on the bus.

Austin seemed to understand that and didn’t pressure me into going again.  So whenever I heard a knock at my door I kind of expected it to be him.  Who it was though was nothing of what it should have been.  Then man I saw staring back at me was Josh.  “What the hell do you think you are doing here?”  I asked trying to not let the tears fall from my eyes.

“You never returned my calls.  I have a right to explain what happened.”  I took a deep breath and stood to the side offering him in the room.  “That night I didn’t mean for anything to happen.  I was drunk.  I was beyond drunk.  I couldn’t stop myself I hardly knew what I was doing.  And when I woke up with her in my arms, I thought it was you.  When I found out it wasn’t I was shocked.  I couldn’t believe I had just ruined what we had.  I am sorry I slept with her.  I am sorry I cheated on you.  I know I don’t deserve your forgiveness but I miss you Erin.  I love you.  No matter what my feelings for you haven’t changed.”

I felt the tears fall from my eyes.  “I hadn’t known you slept with her.  I just knew you kissed her.  Thank you for telling me.  But honestly Josh I don’t know if I can ever forgive you for this.  I love you.  I trusted you with my heart and when I saw the picture of you kissing her I felt like my heart was being torn out of my chest.  Knowing that all it took was for me to be gone not even a full night you could go and get drunk.”

I saw the regret flash in his eyes.  “I understand Erin.  I shouldn’t have come.  I just couldn’t wait to see you.  I guess I’ll leave.”  As he got up to walk to the door I felt my sobs coming.  “I am so sorry I hurt you Erin.  That was the last thing I ever wanted to do.  I love you.  Whether you can forgive me or not.”  The door shut and I cried again.  He was gone I would never be able to have him again.  I loved him more than anything but I couldn’t stand to be hurt.

Josh’s POV

As I walked out of her hotel room I slid down the wall crying.  She doesn’t understand what I wanted.  What she was to me.  I held the box in my pants pocket that held the thing that would make her mine forever.  I got up knocking again.  As soon as she answered I grabbed her cheeks and kissed her.  She hesitated but kissed me back.  I pulled her close which led to the door being shut behind me. 

Two hours later

We laid there breathless.  She had let me take her to bed.  “Josh would you mind if I considered that my first time?”  She asked and my breath flew out of my chest.

“I would be honored to be your first Erin.”  I smiled and held her close to me.  I felt her breathing slow.  “Erin marry me?”  She nodded tiredly and fell asleep in my arms.  I had her back.  I had her.  And I would never be stupid again.  She was what I needed and I was addicted to her.