chapter 19

"Baby doll, my parents really want to meet you.  Are you up to it?"  I just got out of the hospital and honestly I was up to anything if it meant I didn't have to go to the house that Shane owned.  I nodded and he quickly rushed me to the car not wasting any time.  As we drove in silence I finally took a deep breath, breathing in freedom.

We pulled up to a house that I nearly fainted over.  It was huge.  I fell in love almost instantly.  As he helped me out of the car I saw his parents standing in the doorway staring at me.  "What if they don't like me?  I'm not exactly your rich girl type."  He laughed taking my hand.

"Erin they will love you.  Just try and be good okay?  This means something really big.  I'm not going to tell you what yet but just trust me."  Okay that had me pretty nervous but I had to pretend I was fine.  I put on my fake smile and walked up to the house.  His mother greeted me first by enveloping me in a hug.

"It's so good to finally meet you.  We've heard nothing but good things."  I smiled at her and soon was greated by his father the same way.

"I'm Henry and my wife here is Isabella.  It's so good to finally have you in our home."  I tried not to blush from their kindness and was quickly led from the comfort of Josh's hand and into a giant dining room.  There was food all around the giant table and I could feel my stomach rumbling.  Stupid hospital food sucked.

"We didn't know what you liked so we had our chef's cook everything that we usually eat."  I looked at Josh taken aback.  Chef's?  How rich was he? 

After Dinner

"So Erin, tell us what do you plan on doing now that that horrid man is in jail.  Do you have a place to stay?"  Isabella asked and I took a big gulp of my drink.

"I actually don't.  But it will probably be a few days before the child protective services come and take me away.  So I have at least a day to figure something out."  I said leaning my head on Josh's shoulder.

"Well how would you feel about moving in with us?"  I shot straight up and looked at her.

"Are you serious?"  She smiled nodding and I felt tears at my eyes. 

"You and Josh are pretty official.  And we heard he proposed so I don't see why you shouldn't be aloud to come and live with us.  We can get you everything you need and more.  Just tell us, would you like us to make it happen?"  I smiled at her and looked at Josh.  They were all willing to take me in.

"I would love to," I said with so much happiness running through my voice the sun would be jealous.  Things were looking up for me.