Chapter 18

I woke to the sound of a steady beeping.  I tried not open my eyes but curiosity got the best of me.  I opened my eyes and saw the bright light.  I looked around and saw Josh.  "Josh..." that one name was the only thing I could get out of this sore throat of mine.

"Erin?"  He jumped to my side and held my hand pressing the nurse button. 

"Josh what happened?"  I asked trying to sit up but having a shooting pain hit right below my stomach between my thighs.

"Baby doll, Shane got you again.  But this time he tried to kill you during it.  I'm so sorry I wasn't there to save you!  God if I could get my hands on him I'd kill him."  I looked at him and then remembered what he was talking about.  Shane tried to kill me.

"Why am I so sore down there?  That hasn't happened before."  He looked uncomfortable now and just then the nurse walked in.

"Oh Erin you are awake.  Let me go get the doctor."  Just like that she was gone and back with the doctor I presume.

"Erin I'm just going to check your vitals and then I'll explain everything."  I waiting silently and when she finally finished she sat down beside me.  "Erin I'm sure you remember Shane trying to kill you?"  I nodded and she looked towards Josh.

"Erin, baby doll, I'm going to go outside and call my parents to let them know you are okay."  I nodded and as he left I felt instantly scared.  What had happened that would make him leave the room?

"Erin, whenever you passed out you were near death.  Apparently Shane was so mad that he went into a rage and did not stop raping you.  He even used a few instruments.  When the police finally arrived he was in the process of inserting two instruments at once.  That is why you have so much discomfort down there.  Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to help you with that.  I will tell you that it may help to not have sexual activity for a while."  I sighed and laid my head back down on the pillow.

"What happened to Shane?"  I asked dreading the response.

"He was put in jail.  With all the evidence on him he wasn't even put through a trial.  He almost beat you to death Erin you no longer have to worry about him."  I let out the breathe I didn't realize I was holding.  He was gone.  I wouldn't have to deal with him again.