Chapter 17

I woke up with a feeling I've never felt before.  Pure happiness.  I turned and found Josh still asleep next to me.  I smiled and stared at the clock.  I still had another hour till I have to get him up and on his way home.  I guess I could enjoy this right now.  Enjoy being with him for now.  Until we get back and things get a little more complicated.

"Hey," I jumped a little at the sound of his voice.

"Hi," he kissed me gently.

"Do you remember what I asked you last night?"  I scanned through my brain trying to think.  I remember most of the more physical things that happened.  But then I remember faintly him asking me something.  Marry me?  I looked at him and nodded.  He pulled out a box getting on one knee.  "Erin, I love you.  I never thought I would love someone as much as I love you.  Will you please marry me?  It doesn't have to be soon hell it doesn't even have to be in five years.  I just want to put this ring on your finger to show the world that you are mine."  I smiled kissed him, feeling him slide the ring on my finger. 

"Josh I love you. More than anything.  I would marry you over and over if I could."  I held on to him for the next hour until he had to leave.  We knew we wouldn't be able to see each other tonight because he was probably going to be grounded for running off unexpected.  So as soon as he left I fell on to the bed staring at the ring.

I was engaged  to the best man to ever step foot on this Earth. 

Back home

"Shane I'm going to go unpack okay.  Can you order pizza I am starving?"  I turned to him but was quickly brought back to the bedroom.  I tried to scream but he covered my mouth. 

"I can't believe you sneaked that little spit f*ck into the hotel room.  That wasn't a very good idea Erin."  He punched me in the face.  I gasped trying not to cry.  He shoved me down on the bed tearing at my jeans.  I cried and screamed for help but his house was sound proof.  I tried to pull away almost making it off the bed before he tied me down. 

"Shane please don't do this."  But my begs were quickly stopped as he stuffed some type of cloth in mouth.  As he held my hands he felt the rings.  I cried trying to hold my hands in a fist but he kicked me in the ribs and I quickly opened my hand.  He got the ring off throwing it at the hard wall.  You could hear the shatter of diamond as it fell to the ground.

I gave up and cried harder.  My nose was stopped up so I couldn't breathe and the pain was unbearable.  I felt myself getting light headed and then his hands were around my neck.  I felt my body go numb and I felt the darkness over power me.  My eyes drifted close as my heart beat slowed.

I'm so sorry I'm leaving you Josh.  I love you.