iv; nefarious neighbours

Dick Karter had sat Dan down for the interview, rushing to grab him a coffee and set it down in front of him, red hair still looking like fire throughout his whole time. After a couple minutes, he became seated in the chair across from Dan and pressed his palms flat on the table, looking nervous. "Sorry," He began, and averted his eyes, uncomfortable for a moment, "I'm just a little freaked I'm doing this alone." 

Dan smiled reassuringly in reply, although Dick was probably supposed to be reassuring him, and nodded. "It's alright, what do you need to know exactly?"

"Did you see his face?" Dick asked, tilting his head to the side, suddenly resting his hand on a notepad, pencil in his hand. "If not, describe what you did see." 

"I saw the man he killed," Dan said, trying to keep himself composed without hyperventilating and passing out, which was hard due to the panic rising in his stomach, "I saw his red helmet and the blood--There was so much blood..." He wrapped his arms around his torso, blinking his dark eyes towards the table to stop himself from crying, to stop the tears building constantly in his eyes. "I'm sorry, can I have a second?"

Dick nodded, almost solemn, and looked towards Dan with an understanding smile. That was what Dan had expected going into this; Dick giving him a reassuring smile. "Go ahead, when you're ready. If you can't give any more, I can ask a different question." 

Dan glanced up, nodding, and Dick peered down at his notepad. "How tall did he seem?"

"Taller than me," Dan murmured, scrunching up his nose, "If only by an inch... Probably 6'3?" He guessed, and Dick scribbled down a note in his Doctor-esque handwriting. 

"Did he have any defining traits? Tattoos or...?" 

Dan shook his head. "He was wearing stonewashed jeans?" He tried, voice soft, betraying his firm manor. "He wasn't really visible in the dark." 

"Noted, alright..." Dick scrunched up his nose, "What did he sound like? Old? Young?" He guessed, and Dan shrugged, pursing his lips.

"Familiar; he sounded warm, like poison if it could be mixed with the lightest sense of heaven, like you were high on clouds and you were falling so peacefully..."  The brunette described.

Dick licked his lips, glancing at Dan before blinking in surprise. "Poetic, but I mean, not really helping."

Dan looked down at his hands. 

"Sorry."

Dan was stuck getting a drive home from Dick, which was a long lasting car ride full of cheesy jokes and apologies about The Devil.

  →→→   

Something about Dan's neighbour, Phil, was highly disturbing. The man was always talking about nefarious things, sounding brutal, and he'd play it off as a tactic for a video game. It made Dan sick at the thought, and he had to blink a couple times and choke down the vomit threatening to burst from his throat. 

His blue eyes were sharp and calculating, watching him with every singe step he took as Dan entered the lobby, so the brunette hurriedly got into the elevator and went up.

Something was happening, and as much as he'd love to find out, he had 'The Devil of London' to deal with, who apparently wanted to kill him.

  →→→ 

YO YO  I GOT A SLIGHTLY SHORT CHAPTER OUT