xxvii; you're not going to kill me

Dan swallowed, and tilted his head up, craned it so the metal mask was right in front of his face. "You're not going to kill me." He whispered, and glanced over the man's shoulder to Hayley, before his eyes moved back to Phil. "You're not gonna kill me because..." He launched forward, knocked the man to the ground, pushed his helmet off and let it skitter away on the ground. He landed a couple punches against Phil's cheeks before his position was flipped.

Phil placed a hard grip on his neck, turned and spit the blood from his mouth to the side. "I'm going to." He snarled, "Because that was my best friend you just hurt, and people don't do that to me." Dan arched, reached for Phil's hand and tried to pry it, making a wheezing sort of sound below him.

"Please." Dan whispered, and he was choking, losing air, so Phil actually loosened his hand and stared for a moment, shocked, blue eyes round and maybe a little wild, like a fire out of control. When he took a deep breath, Phil punched him, and his head flew to the side, hand reaching out to press against his jaw. He surged him, grabbed Phil's jacket and tried to push him up, only achieving the latter. Phil's eyes were dangerously close to his, and he stared, could only give a sharp inhale and widen his eyes. 

He pulled the man down further, and because he was risking his life, he thought he was going to be greedy doing so. He pressed his lips to the other man's, and when he knew Phil wasn't paying attention, shoved his knee into the other man's groin. Phil rolled right off of him with a long, dragged out sort of groan, and squeezed his eyes shut. "Asshole." He whispered to him, and Dan got the two handcuffs off of Hayley's belt, managed to get them on both Benji and Phil.

Then he called Dick, and with a breathy sort of voice, announced he needed a lot of police and two ambulances. 

After that, he passed out.

But they'd won.

  →→→ 

do you think team hayley actually won? 

or are you still rooting for

benji/phil (; ?