v; the things we face

v;  the things we face

(ps; back to my obsession with side characters)

    →→→ 

Dick Karter was trying to adjust the tie of his uniform, with the repeated fact he kept tying it wrong, and finally groaned when he messed up again. He tossed the tie at the mirror in his bathroom, and leaned his head forward.

He messed everything up; he couldn't even catch a killer.

"Hey, Dickie," Came the smooth voice of his sister, Hayley Karter, as she peeked around the corner. "What's wrong?"

Dick turned towards her, and bit down on his bottom lip, hesitant to answer the question. He'd admit then that he was incapable of yet another thing if he asked for his little sister's help, even if she was only a year younger than him. "Nothing, Hay." He promised.

Her eyes scanned his face, and then dipped down to his shirt, missing the tie that came standard with the uniform. "Something is," She pointed out, "Your tie is loose." 

"Thanks? Hay, I've got it." Dick shifted awkwardly under her stare, reaching to adjust his tie, tightening it around his neck. "Sorry, shiz--"

"Swearing is a no-no?" She snorted out a breath of amused air, "Stop being so freakin' stiff, Dick." Then she broke into a fit of giggles, realizing the innuendo she had just said.

"Hah, it's a habit." D!ck replied uneasily, with a suspicious look to his sister, and glanced towards the mirror. "I gotta get to work though, Hayley."

→→→   

Dan Howell was outside at night again, because he was an idiot, and he decided to do the very thing he always got in trouble for. He peeked around the corner, to see a man standing with the back of their head facing him, and froze. Beside the man's foot was the red mask, and screw it, he was so thinking of Jason Todd with the brown leather jacket the man was wearing as well.

Dan took a sharp intake of breath, and retreated his steps, making sure he wasn't caught this time. The man had a smoke in between his two fingers, and he flicked it, the ashes catching to the ground. There was a gust of air releasing from his mouth, blowing smoke, and Dan couldn't help but think it would have been so funny to see the man choke on the smoke and die.

The thought was brutal, and Dan nearly smacked himself for even thinking of it in the slightest.

Shit, he was turning into the monster he was watching. But Dan cleared his throat to get the thought out of his head, and the man turned around.

 →→→ 

if only someone i knew liked dick grayson's butt as much as i do *sighs*

should i stop putting pictures whoops