xvii; doctor jimmy castell

"Jimmy!" Dan rushed out into the receiver on his phone, squeezing his dark eyes shut, trying to wake himself up and believe this was all happening, "You're a Doctor, right?" He continued to query. He heard Jimmy whine, almost tiredly, on the other end of the line. But this was urgent, Dan told himself, he wouldn't have called if it wasn't.

Jimmy hummed though, after a moment, and there was shuffling before he was standing. "You need me, right?" He mumbled blearily, and rubbed a hand across his face from in his shared bedroom with Lance Dardarian. The only light was from the streets, leftover from the passing cars and flickering streetlamps, and he was heading across his bedroom, even when Dan hadn't answered. He set down the phone on the desk side, put it on speakerphone and pulled off his shirt. 

"Yeah!" Came Dan's rushed reply, "How fast can you get here?" One word, and then a question seemed to be the pattern of the man's speech right now. He was nervous though, and didn't want some weird vigilante that had saved him before to bleed out on his couch. He didn't want the material to stain either, but it would, and that wasn't the biggest worry anyways.

Who had even shot her? Wasn't she a good guy?

A bad guy, Dan decided, a bad guy must have shot her. 

Jimmy arrived at his apartment a couple minutes later, first aid kit in hand. He stepped in, shut the door behind him, kicked off his shoes and turned. Immediately, his eyes fell to where Nightkiller was groaning on the couch, covering where she'd been shot. 

"Holy," Jimmy breathed, "That's... Oh my God, that's..." His words fell right where they'd been created, and he made his way over quickly, looking to her. "Can I?" He asked, softly, and she winced and sat up.

"I can get it." She told him, reached for the zipper on the front of her costume and pulled it down, revealing a plain, thermal black shirt. Then she pulled the thermal shirt up. "There's no exit wound, it's still in there." Her voice was raspy, mask still covering her eyes, and Jimmy nodded, almost frantic. He didn't know what he was doing, even with his training from medical school. There was no course on helping a vigilante. 

"Hey, what's your name?" Jimmy asked curiously as he got out his tools, looked up to her and narrowed his blue eyes slightly. Shifting, she reached for her mask and pulled it off, glancing to him, coughing into her fist. 

Dan was looking at her, staring now. 

"Hayley Karter, and don't call my brother, ever." 

Dan choked, kept himself busy by pacing back and forth, and strayed a brief glance to her. "You're..." He mumbled, rubbed his chin and exhaled, "You're... Dick's sister, right? Oh my God, do you have anyone we should contact?" 

Hayley nodded, weakly, and exhaled. "Analise Hathaway, I'll give you her number."

    →→→ 

hey hey hey

i still wanna write about dc but 

i haven't really seen any of the television shows anndddd....

well, i just really like the batman characters but... *shrugs* 

i'm still gonna probably do it, but it'll be weird.

who cares! 

soooooo... not that you have to know anything about them (seriously you don't) 

who's your favourite superhero?