Chapter 19

Soon her mother become so lonely and just couldn't go on without her father. They were barely keeping at with their everyday expenses. Her mom advised her to apply for a scholarship where her cousin Matt was studying. But Kris couldn't leave her mom alone. Her cousin was a good 2 hours flight away via plane.

"Mom, I couldn't just leave you here can I?? And besides, my friends and boyfriend are all here. I don't want to leave," she said.

"Kris. The tuition here is really small compared to your cousin's but if you will be granted a scholarship, at least you can finish school and still go to college."

Kris didn't want to have an argument with her mom. She's the only one she have left now. But she really didn't want to leave their town.

Her mom died the next day. Her cousin called her and inform her that her aunt and him will go and process for the burial but Kris would come with them after that.

She cried while saying her goodbye to David. They promised each other that they would make their long distance relationship work.

Matt was her mother's older sister's only son. Her mom didn't have anymore siblings aside from her sister so that makes Matt her only cousin because her father was an only child. They became close like brothers and sisters. He was the one who helped her in her application for scholarship.She was granted. When it was then Matt's family who suffered the financial crisis, Matt was forced to dropped out of school to work and become independent.