Chapter 50

So can someone then tell her how to act that she wasn't in love when all her actions are betraying her? Does she need to lessen her sweetness?? Does she need to argue with him every now and then and pretend to hate his guts??

"Hey beautiful."

She looked up. "Sage."

She was sulking for about an hour and a half. Last week, Chris had specifically told her to free up her schedule on the next weekend because he said they were attending a wedding. Trey's wedding to be exact. She told him that she was going home. Twice a month she'd go home to visit her son and spend time with him. But Christian wasn't hearing any of it. He even told her that he'd drive her to her hometown if she still insists. And looked what a charming date he's proving to be.

Kristine got even excited during the next few days, since this would be the first time he'd taken her as his date "outside" the confines of their Love nest.

"Why are you sulking? Where's my charming brother??" he grabbed tugged her arm and pulled her up.

"He's circling around..." Sage looked at her appreciatively.

"Circling around, leaving you behind?? If you were my date, I wouldn't leave you on your own. Come on, Let's dance."

The reception was held at the Ballroom of one of D&G's Tower Hotel.

They started swaying to a ballad. They haven't even had dance long yet when Kristine felt Sage stilled for a moment. She followed his gaze and saw him looking at Chris and Jenna who went up to the ballroom to dance too.

"It's okay Sage.. I don't mind..."

"Well I do. I don't know the workings of a woman's mind but can you tell me why are they so damn annoying??!" he grunted.

"Sage??" she asked.

"I... don't know what else to do. Everytime I offered help, she'd rebuffed me and would ask for my brother's help instead."

Kristine stopped. "Jenna??" she asked incredulously.

"Christian thought I did it on purpose! But hell we met her at the same time!"

Oh my God.This is news! She didn't know. Well her CIA failed to mentioned about this small fact. God, both of them had fallen for Jenna?? Wow. Jenna must really be something to be fought up between two brothers.

"Oh! Sage. All along I thought you like me!" she said pretending to be hurt. But what she really was feeling was... she was hurt because Christian seems to be still not over his first love too or else he would have given her to Sage by now since clearly Sage still felt something for her.

"Kris. Ofcourse, I like you but....." Sage said looking at her then hugging her suddenly. Kris was about to tell him that she was just joking when Christian went to them.

"Hello brother. It's about time we exchange partners." Chris said dully.